Forums

Help › Forums

clothing

Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:19 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:14 AM

I simply love my stars & stripes pants! Now ,If only I could get a shirt to match..maybe an Eagle on the front?I did a sample of one,it looked great! respectfully..BigArnL cowboy

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 4:41 PM

I would also like to see a separation between avatar and clothing. I would like to be able to  choose and change  shorts to skirts , hats from visors , knee-socks from no-shows ,  Etc. In a wide range of colors. These would be a good start Niv....If you could pass upstairs ,  Pretty Please.                                                                                                                                                                     

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:38 AM

Ace, that picture totally confuses the Hell out of me.

Be it as it may, I'm probably the only one who noticed this, but the club is obviously in the last part of her backswing, but isn't that insanely far?!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 6:55 AM

Naw, I think she's just about to kick the soccer ball that's coming her way.  (Lighter... I believe that's the end of her follow-through)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:14 AM

Thats a follow through, and a sexy one at that.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:32 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Naw, I think she's just about to kick the soccer ball that's coming her way. 
    My comments were obviously pointed toward Niv  concerning "Women's clothing"  which happens to be "Golf wear" , if you don't like knee-socks , thats perfectly fine , but why even comment on it and be rude about it ? I mean if you were asking about a certain pair of golf slacks you wanted , do you think I would be out here critiquing them ?  Ummm,  NO !

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:05 PM

I am sorry AceFactor if I upset you.  I was just making a joke referring to LighterDark's question.  And relating it to soccer since it's been a big topic of late in this forum.

I love knee socks, I love pink and I love women's apparel.... all on women, of course.  No rudeness was intended.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:58 PM

I'm not upset ...I originally took you for one of the good  , polite men around here , and I see now that I was right.  tyvm  for your kind reply mocha. Sorry if I mistook the intent.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 3:32 PM

TheAceFactor:

I would also like to see a separation between avatar and clothing. I would like to be able to  choose and change  shorts to skirts , hats from visors , knee-socks from no-shows ,  Etc. In a wide range of colors. These would be a good start Niv....If you could pass upstairs ,  Pretty Please.                                                                                                                                                                     

Been begging for this for over a year.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 3:59 PM

Hi guys,

We would love to be able to offer customizable clothing styles and individual pieces.  It would certainly drive more avatar business in the Pro Shop and we would not be against that.  The reason we haven't yet is unfortunately a technical one.

Basically when you are looking at your avatar you're actually looking at 2 embedded video objects.  Your 1-piece avatar is essentially one video (complete with ani's) and your club is the 2nd video (also complete with ani's).  Each article of individual clothing requires its own embedded video object and its own animation set.  At this time a large amount of players would not be able to handle 6 or 7 different video objects and their animations running simultaneously on the screen.  For most it would drag playback down to a crawl because the sheer amount of things going on at one time will wreak havoc on the frame rates of all but the best video cards.  Try playing 3 or 4 flash videos on your PC at the same time and you'll see what I mean.

It's something we'd definitely like to do at some point.  As I said customization is a big thing and people love to do that kinda stuff, but right now it would create mostly undesirable results.  Bummer, I know, but one day perhaps. =)

• PAGES
RSS