Forums

Help › Forums

Why we hate Soccer and the World Cup...

Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:16 PM (73 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:28 AM

Oh it's nerve Jangling all right, it's jangling the heck outta ma Last Nerve...lol

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:46 PM

Since my post about watching Olympic sports can be taken many ways …let me explain…please.

There are a lot of sports that Americans “suck” at and in fact most of us have never even tried or played.

But it doesn’t mean we don’t like those sports.

I have watched all those Olympic events and many, many others…why?

Well the obvious answer is to root for the USA but in reality it’s also to see the best compete in a particular sport.

Do I follow any of those sports regularly? …no.

Does that mean competitors in those sports can’t make decent money?…no

Am I going to watch and root for the USA (and Italy… my wife is 100% Italian) in the World Cup?

Hell yeah.

Will I watch the final game even if we are not in it?

Hell yeah.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:43 PM

Am I just joking around?

BOFFMEN:
    Hell yeah.

Do I watch soccer period

HELL NO...

Do I blame ya for marrying a 100% Italian?

HE... HE... HELL NO!!!

Do I watch curling...I am ASHAMED to answer that one....

I just love to hear 'em hollering at each other...lol...I don't know what in the world they are trying to do ...I just grew up in a disfunctional family, and since I left home, I kinda missed the screaming...lol...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:44 PM

BOFFMEN:
    Will I watch the final game even if we are not in it?
    Hell no.  I wouldn't watch it if it were US and the BudLight Lingerie Team...

I thought I would be fair and take a look at the two matches this afternoon and tuned in just after the half to Australia and Serbia....  I gave it a good look, from 0-0 (Sorry, soccer-honks... "nil-nil") through to 2-0.  My impressions?

I haven't seen that much flopping since I took my son fishing.  My God, and you call this SPORT?!  All I saw was whining crybabies falling all over themselves on both teams...  It was embarrassing to call these people 'athletes'.  You ~have~ to be kidding me.

So, I switched over to the Germany / Ghana game.  Germany, (all white players in black gear) had a 1 goal lead over Ghana (all black players in white gear).  What did I see?  Nothing.  Watched for 10 minutes and saw the same 5 people kick the ball in a circle.  For all intents and purposes it looked like a game we played in grammar school called 'keep away'.  No thanks.

In both cases the games were unwatchable.  Between the crying like little bitches and the 'ring-around-the-rosey' ball handling it was completely and utterly pathetic.

But, for the soccer-honks, I am sure that was riveting sportsmanship and a great game.

Yea... no thanks.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:53 PM

Now Now Snaike...Why don't you tell us how YOU Really Feel???

LOL

Larry

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:23 PM

GITrDONE:

Yeah...BUT IT"S SOCCER!!!!!!!

No, it's football.

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:35 PM

Football it is...and I love it.

A friend of mine once described Curling as 3 school janitors on a snow day.  And I love that too.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:44 PM

i love all sports with no drug taking......

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:50 PM

nickuk:

i love all sports with no drug taking......

Oh so that's the secret...Live ya life as boring as possible and try to get millions of people to watch ya do it...I see now...thanks for the tip...

<P><S>...I have to be on dope to watch it...I mean the heavy stuff...lol

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:53 PM

JohnHancock:
    No, it's football.

Tell that to Joe Montana...to his face...lol...So if our guys aren't playing football...Just what are they playing?...When our guys get red carded it usually results in a court hearing...lol...Now that's FOOTBALL...lol...

Edit* I like the curling to and I always wanted to be a janitor...Now I know why...lol

RSS