Help › Forums

Swing smooth, video awful. Help?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:20 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:56 AM

For a year Ive been very fortunate with better than avg gameplay/performance.  Started having issues last week for the first time.
    I updated all my drivers, updated flash, downloaded game booster, even went as far as unistalling flash 10.1 and trying Flash 9 (ended up going back to flash 10.1). It seemed to help partially. The swing stutter got much better, however, my video performance (after stricking ball) is AWFUL. It looks like an old move, it skips like crazy.
    While I can again play the game with a smooth swing, the video is killing it for me.

anyone have this issue? any recommendations?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 7:48 AM

I think what's going on in this thread applies. Sounds like you need to go back to version 10.0 ( not 9) or update your video drivers.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/14354.aspx

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:32 AM

Drivers and Flash tweaked and updated already. I have flash 10.1, should I have 10.0?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:07 AM

Hiya sulli,

I've seen that alot of us are having these issues, even though we've done our tweaks.

Although it's been suggested that a roll-back to Flash 10.0... may help, I'm still waiting to hear from members that have gone this route with success before I change back... or before I do ANYTHING more... things can get confuzzled switching back and forth between versions if there's an inadvertent slip-up.

Does your "flickering" start immediately, at the first tee? Or are you able to play a few holes before your screens start to look "like an old-time movie"?

Mine usually starts after 3-4 holes. It's like there's a "memory drain" or something...

Edit: I re-read through the thread that YankeeJim suggested for you above... it seems that a few have got good results with their "roll-backs" to 10.0... I'll probably go that route next... btw... Thanks to Niv and the others for the details (about how to go about rolling-back) in that thread... it'll make it alot less stressful... :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 9:45 AM

gfsullivan:
    Drivers and Flash tweaked and updated already. I have flash 10.1, should I have 10.0?

The short answer is yes but that's only because I have it, it works fine and I never tried 10.1. I mentioned it because you were thinking 9.0 and 10 is better  than that. Pug's post may get the answer you're looking for.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:35 AM

Ive updated everything, tried 3rd party software, tried 3 different versions of flash, followed EVERY tip I could possibly find in these forums, and still no progress.  Not only that but the meter is now skipping all over the place. Extremely frustrating.

Ive restarted 3 games today already. Ive come to the realization that I will most likely not qualify for either tourney. I really love this game and dont want to be one of the many "F*** this, game sucks, Im outta here" guys, but Im starting to understand.

WGT, PLEASE address this issue. Help?

• OFCOURSEITSTIGHT
    27 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:11 AM

This new flash player is going to cause a lot of problems,hmmm,Il cretainly stay tuned on this one

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:28 AM

any help would be appreciated.

note: nothing like holing out on #2 @ Oakmont and then watching the meter throw the ball 30 yards left on #4. Actually, the church pews are a perfect place to shoot yourself.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:42 AM

If your using a video card you can use 10.1. If you have integrated graphics you should us 10.0. Here's what I did and my meter is smooth as butter. This is a post I wrote in another thread.

Here's what I came up with. I downloaded the 10.0 archive (157MB) and it's all the 10.0 versions rolled into one, that explains the huge file. When I downloaded the file, I was prompted to extract all files, and then open the file again and all the versions where there. Members can then choose the operating system in the list of flash players. 

Now I chose the plug-in version for Windows 7 (which is for FireFox), it seems to be right, because I now have a good meter again. I went a head and cleared my browser cache too. I got a slower load time, but the meter was great after the first swing. On a side note, the game loves Windows 7 OS.

It's impossible to download the older version (10.0.45.2) unless you get it from the archive page. It will always revert you to the new 10.1 version no matter where you download it from. If someone could post a link for the members to the archive page, it would simplify things that's for sure. The downloads are at the bottom of the page.

The new version of flash (10.1) is for users who have a newer computer system and are running a newer video card. This is the reason some members are getting the poor meter with the newer version of flash. People with integrated graphics (like me) should use the old version (10.0.45.2) of flash.

Search for the thread " Adobe flash 10.1 released" and you'll find links there to set you straight and get you a better meter.

I hope this helps you Sullivan.  : )

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 6:10 AM

most of the time imo the swing meter issue is a ltancy prob..Not how fast your computer is..This game is easily run by any computer its just haveing problems with comunicating with WGT fast enuff!!I ran into problem on new highend laptop with glitchy meter..So i DL a simple free program called leatrix !Now it has no glitch to meter at all..It just simply helps your computer open the comunication path with WGT :) Hope theis helps :) May you always ding your meter and hit em straight!

Pardog06

• PAGES
RSS