Forums

Help › Forums

matchplay not loading

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:15 AM (3 replies)
  • jcs89
    172 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:01 PM

I was playing a matchplay challenge against juanmendoza a few minutes ago.  After we both hit our initial tee shots, the game would not load(kept saying loading).  It was my turn and i attempted to chat with my competitor but he apparently was unable to communicate back or read my chat.  I waited a few minutes(approximately 3) and finally disconnected(with  the X).  When i returned to the game client, i was informed that i had timed out and had lost the match(222 credits).  Is there anyway i can be reimbursed these credits? This was the 1st time anything like this has ever occurred with me.  The game had been slow loading earlier tonight and was pausing after the swing click.  Wgt...please respond. 

I tried to submit a bug report at the time of the stall, but it would not load either.

Sincerely,

jcs89

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:47 PM

Hi jcs,

When the game pauses after the swing click that usually indicates some kind of network issue.  As soon as you click to hit the ball is when your data is transferred to the game server, so if you experience a holdup at that point then you know it's a connection issue.

It sounds like in this instance your opponent's disconnection did not get reported to the game server properly.  He may have been returned immediately to the lobby where the 5 minute countdown began.  In the future, if you experience a similar situation I would not recommend waiting any longer than 60 seconds before exiting and returning to the lobby. Keep in mind that 3 disconnections will forfeit the match, so if you have to do this twice in one match you should offer a drop and consider the connection with opponent unstable.

Unfortunately we are unable to prevent or anticipate all instances of connection errors, so issues surrounding or related to these problems are typically not reimbursed.  However, please send a breif email to our customer service at members@worldgolftour.com explaining the situation and they may be able to assist you.

• murducas
    65 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 4:20 PM

[]

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:15 AM

Email members@worldgolftour.com with your questions and concerns.

The reponse you get will probably serve you better than any players responses here on the forums.

Good luck.

RSS