Forums

Help › Forums

Struggling on Master Tier

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 3 2010 7:21 PM (4 replies)
  • golforfunguy66
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:17 PM

OK... so does the swing meter speed up on Master Tier ? I'm going OB a lot because my click finger isn't used to this speed. I'm having a harder time getting birdies too. Help with some questions about entering Master tier would be very much obliged.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:45 PM

The swing meter is solely based on whatever clubs that you're using. It has nothing to do with your tier. The speed of the greens is faster in the Master tier. So is the distance from the tee. That's the only difference as far as I know.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:56 PM

Hi golfforfunguy,

smason77 is correct. The swing meter speed for each club is consistent throughout and doesn't change no matter what tier you play from. 

I see based on your activity that you've been experimenting with a few different ball types in the Pro Shop and the last one's you bought were the GI-D's.  I imagine you played those for a while and when you equip a GI series ball it will slow down the swing meter for all of your clubs.  The higher the feel rating, the bigger the slow down.  You may have played the GI ball for a while and became accustomed to the slower meter speed.

I notice that right now you have the standard WGT starter ball equipped.  Those do not have a feel rating and your clubs will swing at the normal speed.  If you switch back to the GI-D model (or any other GI- model) you'll see the slower meter again.

Hope that helps. =)

• golforfunguy66
    22 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 4:59 PM

It's weird, it feels just like when I first joined up and started playing. I'm struggling at this tier. You will get used to the fast swing meter. But the greens are killing me !

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 7:21 PM

Trust me, the greens will take no time... I know they are fast, but keep practicing and eventually you'll have almost every single hole memorized.

RSS