Help › Forums

Game Dynamics All Wrong?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 10 2010 3:47 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 2:29 PM

Wow, Garry. I was following along getting what you were complaining about, actually seeing and knowing what you did with each example. It was looking like you might have had a case until I peeped your profile. OMG!! You joined 3 days ago and only have 19 ranked rounds in. I thought you had applied yourself and tried to get it when I answered your OP.

Dude, run away as fast as you can if you think just stepping up to real clubs is going to put you in contention. In that scenario, yes you did waste your money.It aint happening, I don't care who you are and how many years you've been playing online golf, this is not instant success golf. It's as real as a game can get, IMO, and the proof is how hard you have to work to be good at it. 

You dropped the wad now at least apply yourself and try to improve with what you bought. There's a ton of people here that already went through what you are right now and there are a huge number that will be happy to help, just ask. Better yet, read. Particularly the tutorials that former and present players have written, namely Putting Tips and Chip and Pitch Tips, both in the FAQs.

Unprofessional is when you pass judgement on something you're not qualified to pass judgement on. Lame is complaining about the results of 1/2 tries.  You aren't either of those so give it a shot. GL

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 3:05 PM

GarryEdkins:

Seriously, how sh*t is this game, i just played a par 3 which was 192 yards, i used a 200 yard club wind against ever so slightly downhill and i put spin on(a shoy i've already played a dozen times or more) and the ball went 228 yards without a bounce straight into a bunker at the back of the green???

Played a shot earlier had 6 yards left onto an uphill green, the club max was 15 yards, i went just over halfway and the ball went 15 yards UPHILL???

Flat 4 foot putts not going in, despite going halfway up a 15ft putting meter?

Perfect hits from the rough going just 2 yards?

I've foolishly spent $50 on equipment as i expected this to improve my game, all i do is hit the ball further and i'm hitting less birdies than i was with the "free" clubs i was given.

Who do i see about getting my money back because i've been robbed?

Yet another issue, how many posts do i need before my posts actually show up straight away.

The whole thing is very unproffessional and rather lame.

Garry, I suggest you read the putting tips and the pitch and chip tips in the FAQs column. Then ask some of the regulars in here to invite you for a match and ask them for advice on shots. You will find many helpful folks here and your game will slowly improve. You have chosen good clubs and they will indeed help you.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 3:16 PM

I agree "YJ" ,

I have been in the same position as him and countless others and at times still complain about things  lol  but it only makes me try harder to figure what works for me and what dont ! eventually you learn where to hit it, how to hit it and with an awful lot of practise how to putt on here and I havent been playing long either, but I did upgrade my equipment and at first it didnt help.  I HAD TO PRACTISE WITH IT ! I still ask for advise and read the tips in the forum.  don't get me wrong, I still get aggravated at times, just like real golf but dont quit !   thanks for letting me share.

may the wind be at your back and your ball always find the short grass

• Shunyata
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 9:11 PM

"this one is beyond the joke." lol this game is trash and completely designed to get you to spend money on virtual equipment.

"...the putts that hang half in half out of the whole that NEVER drop." - this has happened to me so many times.

The game mechanics and dynamics of this game are junk. Don't waste your time.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:58 AM

heres another one.... member since13th of may! shunyata..to be frank, the clubs your usin are crap...they`re not precise enough, you will always get the occasional shot that goes offline or takes a flyer.....have you ever hit a shot you didnt like and got close to the pin? 

yes your gonna have to spend money....but not much in my opinion...especially with a favourable exchange rate..ha! im not rich by a long shot but i think its worth it...though i do feel like throwing my clubs in the burn sometimes! 

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:46 AM

I really do appreciate what you are saying and i know it may sound a little early complaining, but at the moment anyway there are things wrong with the game itself that puts 6-10 on EVERY round i play.

Putts hanging over the hole is at least 3 shots a round for a start, i seem to have dozens of "unlucky" putts, but i have NEVER yet had a "lucky" one, its either hit perfectly to the game specifications or hard luck, i've watched putts bang on line till the last foot then inexplicably vere off massively in the last few inches, yet the putting grid did'nt show a deviation.

Lets face it, all the gamemakers want is to spend a bundle of cash to line their pockets, i have not heard from anyone other than fellow players in a bid to try to tell me i'm wrong about whats happening because its all true.

I am a Pro with good clubs and i played Oakmont in some kind of qualifier and hit 18 over par and i had a pretty good game, how am i supposed to compete unless i buy the most expensive clubs/balls etc and even then thats what the game becomes about, who has the best gear, not necessarily who the better player is.

I'm a golf game fan and have played almost every iteration of golf games ever released and as such pretty much get a feel for them straight away, there is no feel to this game it is just too random.

I know you rightly said that i had only played something like 19 rounds, well i have started three times that many but have quit with utter frustration at some of the things i'm witnessing.

I'll play on for a little while longer and see if anything does "click" but i cant see how? but if it does and i can see what i was doing so fundamentally wrong then i'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit it.

How it can be justified for a Pro golfer still not to be able to reach some fairways off the tee, par 3's off the tee and other such crap is beyond me AND i've NEVER once had a straight putt, its either way off to the left/right and no two putts however similar play the same???

So far its very dissapointing and i'm not saying it as some newbie who does'nt want to learn, but as someone who has seen enough to know that as i said in my first post, the game dynamics are way off.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 2:11 PM

GarryEdkins:
    I'll play on for a little while longer and see if anything does "click" but i cant see how?

Garry when I tell you your take is deju vu I'm serious. Rewind to almost a year ago to the day and I'm the one posting what you are. Honest ***, G-it gets way better once this US Open furor gets dealt with. This site is upside down with all the great changes in the last year and where you're at right now is typical, typical, typical. You were drawn in at a time when the game is really picking up momentum and given your experience elsewhere I have no doubt you're using some fine language while trying to "get it." What sets this game apart from the others is the work you have to do to be competitive.

Look past today and know that you will be hanging with the best eventually, you just have to do your time. Next year at this time when you're posting 10 under rounds you'll look at the posters then and say "deja vu" yourself! Face the addiction and man up with your talents!  :-D

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 3:47 PM

Deju vu alright go back six months and it was me and it was YjJ that set me straight gave me some great tips then wow i nearly beat him. Just kidn Jim.

Its like enlightenment hard to get your head around but when you do, wow it all comes together then falls apart then comes back together etc.

CSC

• PAGES
RSS