Forums

Help › Forums

Changes to the FAQ - Averages/Tier

Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:32 PM (131 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:25 AM

srellim234:
    Not knowing the details is fine, Pizza, but please ensure that it does not penalize players by only considering wins and not losses.... I know you used the word "consistently" beating but "consistently" shouldn't be just a number in the win column.

If you review my post, the words I used were "consistently displaying skill levels...". The system does not simply tally wins/losses. It is much more comprehensive than that.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:44 AM

Works for me. Thanks!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:17 PM

This change seems fair enough. If it prevents the 'baggers from taking what probably isnt rightfully theirs then its a good thing.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:56 PM

SHRUDE:

This change seems fair enough. If it prevents the 'baggers from taking what probably isnt rightfully theirs then its a good thing.

All fine, but I proved I can turn a master with a 69 avg into a TM with 5 disconnects in free MPs, so wins and losses have a lot to do with it.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:05 PM

This new system could work the other way too...

Higher Tier Players playing Lower Tier Players and losing to get the lower Tier players Ave down....lol

This new sytem should be applied to all forms of the game.... regardless if it's a practice, Alt shot or any game :)

-Roger

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:27 PM

Not practice. That would really take the fun out of two players just getting together for a social, non-competitive round. Or a player getting together with a higher tiered player to learn how to hit certain shots if there is any chance the "weaker" player could have his average and tier affected by it.

Applying it to all "official" games in all formats is a good thing but it should not be applied to practice.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:48 AM

srellim234:

Not practice. That would really take the fun out of two players just getting together for a social, non-competitive round. Or a player getting together with a higher tiered player to learn how to hit certain shots if there is any chance the "weaker" player could have his average and tier affected by it.

Applying it to all "official" games in all formats is a good thing but it should not be applied to practice.

Not Practice...  yeah, suppose your right.

A player might have 100+ practice games before he/she comes out into the real world and have a High Ave... then play like a gun. That type of situation. Just saying.

-Roger

• weejohn5
    66 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:19 AM

There's never going to be a perfect system but these new rules have hurt me and made it harder for me to get matchplay games! I'm a master who had an average of 70 [which was probably a fair reflection of my skill level]. Then BANG three days later ave, ...65.2 !! despite having a record of roughly 50% against masters and 30 odd % against tour masters ? Dunno how it worked that out , but now many other masters look at my ave. [which I do not think is a true reflection of my skill] and back off, leaving me struggling to get a game. So, what do I do ? Play tour masters and lose two thirds of games, and get an even lower ave. when I do manage to win a couple ?? Confused....

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:16 AM

Welcome to the new and wonderful wgt scoring system....lmao... keep it up weejohn, you'll be a legend in no time.

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:23 PM

WGTpizza,, 

This is a superb move on WGT's behalf!  Thanks WGT, keep swinging at it :-)

Edbeau

RSS