Forums

Help › Forums

Misspellings

Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:43 PM (30 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 8:01 PM

Have you noticed how many people misspell and/or have bad grammar on these forums :P?  I never would've expected it from a game where the supposed minimum age is 18...

Just an observation, not a sledge or anything...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:02 PM

Heh-Kinda like misspelling misspell.

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:29 PM

Nice "Grammar". Perhaps you should try it too, before pointing out other people's flaws. Most of the time when I'm typing I do it to get it over with quickly. If there's a few mistakes, its not like I'm turning in a dissertation.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 10:31 PM

i nvr maek tipineg mistaeks . ..

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 10:50 PM

overthetop2:
    Have you noticed how many people misspell and/or have bad grammar on these forums?  I never would've expected it from a game where the supposed minimum age is 18...

Just an observation, not a sledge or anything...

FTFY bucko. 

But hey, at least the apostrophe is in the right place in '"would've"... that's a bonus in these forums.

I don't mind the occasional fat-fingered flub, or the occasional mangling of the grammatical structure of the English language, but what really puts my panties in a twist is misuse of words.  Folks who want to throw out big $20 words and they really don't know what they mean, but it SOUNDS cool.

That, and text-speak.  I really, really hate text-speak.

Anyone who thinks that it saves time and energy to write out 'neone' for 'anyone' is a complete moron, in my book.  Oh, and don't get me started on "u", "ur", "urself".

I am not really picking, because some folks just can't help themselves, but there is a recent addition to this forum who will remain anonymous, who's posts and threads I just can't read... well, at least not without a handful of ibuprofen and half a glass of Crown Royal.

But hey, whatever right?... everyone is different... that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

• biggsy62
    7 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 10:53 PM

eye doewnt no wot yaw tawkin abowt.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 1:50 AM

Grammar is easy to get wrong: it's frequently pronounced grammer.  Misspell is tricky cos of most words with mis in front having only one s there, but misspell has 2.

What i was referring to was the more blatant (i might have stuffed that word up) spelling and grammar errors, such as "Mach Play", "Quiting", "Pretect", and this thread title:

http://wgt.com/forums/t/13442.aspx

I don't get every word right but i would've thought that in a game where most of us are supposed to be adults we could at least get "Match" and "Quitting" right :P.

This is not an attack on the game itself or the users who have posted in this thread.  It was merely a general observation that i thought would make for some decent banter in this forum section (that's another thing, if this is supposed to be off-topic why are so many people posting about the game in THIS section :P?)

• davefv82c
    11 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 4:35 AM

now thats funny.lol

to each his or her own

who really cares anyway

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 6:11 AM

Agreeing with you 100%, overthetop. Maybe a post about what that red line means when it's under a word would help. :-)

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 8:36 AM

YankeeJim:

Agreeing with you 100%, overthetop. Maybe a post about what that red line means when it's under a word would help. :-)

Yuda thunk theyd figger it out.

RSS