Forums

Help › Forums

Avast version 5 and issues?

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 24 2010 7:46 AM (5 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 5:10 PM

I just had to update my avast to the newest version and was NOT able to get this site working since until today.  For the last 24 - 48 hours or so everytime I came to the WGT site it immediately froze.   I am pretty sure it is because the new avast utilizes flash and there was some kind of confict. 

I tried disabled Avast but of course part of it still runs in the background and I was still experiencing the freeze up as soon as I navigated here. 

Not sure what happened, but I have it disabled now and all of a sudden I can finally view the site and play. 

Anyone else with the newest version of Avast notice this?

• hyjinx
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 6:26 PM

Haven't played ina while but today when i played St. Andrews,  bogeyed th first hole and got all kinds of wards for making par and whatever. i use avast. Could this have anything to do with it.? on another hole i must have been given 6 or 7 awards. Anyone else experiencing this?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 6:30 PM

Hehe no the awards are because they made a bunch of new ones that are retroactive.

They will mostly stop as long as you post your rounds.

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 9:30 PM

Hey Jay 

I use Avast and have no problems!!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 4:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

I won't be upgrading my avast it looks like, though I am puzzled why Avast decided to use Flash anywhere in their product.   It makes no sense.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 7:46 AM

Thanks RS for the report. 

Well today I have it shut down (actually I have it permanently disabled from yesterday, scared to re-enable it for now) and everything seems fine for now. 

Yeah I was thumbing through the Avast forums to try and figure out what was going on and there were many complaints about them utilizing Flash in the program.  

Maybe it was only on my end not sure, or it might be one of those things were a release wasn't tested enough and a patch will come out from Avast.

RSS