Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT - 9/28 - 2pm PST

Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:13 AM (179 replies)
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:56 AM

No sorries - I only posted the question after the chat, following a discussion in another thread about the usefulness(?) of WGT Nation:

"What can Nation members expect from WGT in the next future, say, in 2012?"

Thanks for caring!

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:00 AM

alosso:
    "What can Nation members expect from WGT in the next future, say, in 2012?"

Well, I'm not sure how to answer this, seeing as 2012 is 3 months from ending  =P

But, if your question is "What can Nation members expect from WGT in the future", then I can say that we have many long term plans to improve the WGT Nation as a whole. We want to add more to the value that people get from belonging to the Nation, and we are currently accepting suggestions on how to do so.

Let us know how to improve and we will keep working toward a brighter future :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:07 AM

I seen this come up in the chat.

<nivlac> how does wgt operate on ipad without flash

<MisterWGT> Niv... we built a new game client! MisterWGT> put it this way... on the iPhone5... the swing meter is smooth as butter

Now why doesn't WGT change the whole game to this platform if it works so well?

I think most of us would love a swing meter that's "smooth as butter"

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:11 AM

jaderoks:
    Now why doesn't WGT change the whole game to this platform if it works so well?

The "new game client" was built for mobile devices, specifically iOS. This game client would not work on a PC, much like this game client would not work on your iPhone. The reason for any differences in performance between game clients relies on the benefits/limitations of the game client environment.

Apples and Oranges.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:13 AM

jaderoks:

I think most of us would love a swing meter that's "smooth as butter"

mines is mate :)

tbe

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:18 AM

So after 5 or 6 years on a PC we can't get a smooth meter, but on an iphone it's relatively quick. Has WGT even tried to come up with a better platform.

Please don't try and sell me the $6.00 balls.I'm not really complaining, I'm just curious. 

TBE, I have read some complaints from you about the meter as well. Like I said, I'm not complaining. It's usually pretty good.

Trying to stay Classy

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:35 AM

jaderoks:
    So after 5 or 6 years on a PC we can't get a smooth meter, but on an iphone it's relatively quick. Has WGT even tried to come up with a better platform.

Like I said; apples and oranges. It took a while (almost a year) to develop WGT mobile, and we did it while simultaneously updating and improving WGT Golf. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve performance of WGT Golf from our end. That being said, many players are able to play WGT Golf with little or no technical difficulties. This tells us that it is possible for everyone to experience the same. Every day there are new players joining who are certain that their technical difficulties are on WGT's end, and when they learn how to properly perform browser maintenance, they are suddenly difficulty free :)

I can't stress enough how important proper maintenance is for playing on this platform without technical difficulties, so forgive me if I sound like a broken record. This maintenance is the caveat for offering the freedom and flexibility of a flash-based browser game.

In the new game client, created for a completely different environment (not browser or flash based) there are a completely new set of procedures to follow. Apples and Oranges.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• chevyman100
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:37 AM

Whom it may concern, I have concerns about every time someone quit you have to wait to 5 minutes before you can play again that you must reboot if it does this more than three times, it will penalize you.  Due to no fault of my own when this happens to me my average gets affected and that is not fair to myself or other players so if you could please give me some feedback on how to avoid this I would appreciate it.(white_tiger838@yahoo.com)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:40 AM

WGTpizza:
    This maintenance is the caveat for offering the freedom and flexibility of a flash-based browser game.

It might be a good idea to make his very obvious to the new player, possibly when they sign up.. You don't know how many might not be sticking around to figure it out. 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:45 AM

YankeeJim:
    It might be a good idea to make his very obvious to the new player, possibly when they sign up.. You don't know how many might not be sticking around to figure it out. 

This is a good description of a part of my job duties :)

We want to make sure everyone knows how beneficial proper maintenance is, so I do my part to spread the word. Be sure to help your fellow golfer in the same manner :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS