12 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:24 PM

ha ha ha 

• markone56
    528 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:15 AM

WGTwildcat:
    Tour Legends, your elite numbers are growing but are still too low

I would know EXACTLY how to do to changing tier from Legend to Tour Legend.

In various Forums are circulating some legends: someone says that we must complete 500 game strokes, other says that we must complete 100 games stroke - and other says other too...

What's true?

Thanks in advance for the answer (a true answer  - lol).

• GolferDadRB
    1,079 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:31 AM

As I understood it, 100 ranked round games as Legend and your average 60.00 or below makes a TL. My average was just above 60 when I reached 100 rounds post TL inception, however, after I reached 500 ranked rounds as a Legend I noticed that my average no longer went up with a bad round.  From that point on, the highest score rounds were dropped out of the average equation with each subsequent round played.  

I experienced a similar effect after having played 500 rounds at the TL tier.

• gippertime
    38 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 1:34 AM

Not to offend any TL's, I mean, hey, you all have put in your time and deserve any perks you get.  But . . . isn't any "all player" tournament basically just a TL tourney anyway?  I mean, let's just call it what it is.  Heck, if any non legend-TL player has come in top 25 in any "all player" tourney (not counting ready goes, although I would like to see an "open" ready go a TL has not won) in the last year, I would personally buy that person lunch, dinner, shoot, I'd show that person a night on the town here in Vegas - that kind of luck might rub off.  I'm all for giving the TL's as many tourneys as they can handle to play against each other, bcs the "open" tourneys are basically useless to us non legend types.  

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:14 AM

gippertime:
    But . . . isn't any "all player" tournament basically just a TL tourney anyway?

Not necessarily but a tour legend is most likely. Very few things are limited by tier, they are only limited by level. A master recently upgrading to a full set of the best clubs may hit his best ever round. Yes, it doesn't happen that often but it does happen.

I don't think I will have a hope in hell of winning credits in a ready-go at legend tier (not least because of my clubs) but have won credits in an "open to anyone" ready-go. I know that differs to a proper open tourny but does show it's not for sure.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:14 AM

gippertime:

Not to offend any TL's, I mean, hey, you all have put in your time and deserve any perks you get.  But . . . isn't any "all player" tournament basically just a TL tourney anyway?  I mean, let's just call it what it is.  Heck, if any non legend-TL player has come in top 25 in any "all player" tourney (not counting ready goes, although I would like to see an "open" ready go a TL has not won) in the last year, I would personally buy that person lunch, dinner, shoot, I'd show that person a night on the town here in Vegas - that kind of luck might rub off.  I'm all for giving the TL's as many tourneys as they can handle to play against each other, bcs the "open" tourneys are basically useless to us non legend types.  

I'm a TL but I guarantee I could be shoot lights out as a TM using the same clubs. The following may not be the case but I'm pretty certain it is. You have many TMs level 90+ who could dominate "all player" tourneys. Why don't they you ask? Because shooting those low rounds moves them up to Legend/TL status. Many of those players are sandbagging AS games in guilds or MPC games. WGT made a wise choice when they implemented those matches in the way they move individuals up.

I remember my last month or so as a TM winning or placing top 3 in almost every RG I entered. It didn't take long to move up to Legend, that's for sure.

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:51 AM

DarSum:
    I remember my last month or so as a TM winning or placing top 3 in almost every RG I entered. It didn't take long to move up to Legend, that's for sure.

That was the problem I had. I should have played less Ready-go tournaments and played multiplayer games which I tend to do worse on

• gippertime
    38 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:15 PM

adtjoel:
    I don't think I will have a hope in hell of winning credits in a ready-go at legend tier (not least because of my clubs) but have won credits in an "open to anyone" ready-go. I know that differs to a proper open tourny but does show it's not for sure.

I agree that level is often the greatest factor in competing.  I've won credits in "open" ready goes as well, but the primary factor for that was the high number of wd's and enough low level entries that don't realize what they are entering.  I'm just saying that if you look at "open" tournies, TL's are usually ruling the top 10, shooting rounds I haven't even been close to yet.  

I do think, to your point, and specifically since WGT put in the sandbagging restrictions, that equipment should be tier based and not level based.  This seems to make a lot more sense.  At least make it so some of the top stuff is available to legends if they reach legend before the level to open the stuff.  

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:21 AM

DarSum:
    I remember my last month or so as a TM winning or placing top 3 in almost every RG I entered.

Good times back then!

Now I suck

Play soon, if you remember to go green:)

RSS