Forums

Help › Forums

The trouble with country clubs

Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:40 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 3:49 AM

They don't all do what they say on the tin !!! for e.g.   I have tried  4 cc so far ( in 12 months) all give themselves a great write up with large memberships and plenty of activity. when you join you are lucky if there are more than 4 active and available players, they have say 60 members but they hardly ever play. 

I'm  all for CC but at least be up front and honest, we don't want to join then have to dump you because you don't deliver.

Regards

(grumpy)

Russ 

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 3:50 AM

Mind you my fault should have stayed with Senior  Citizens. more my age ....

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:04 AM

Try the Peoples Club. LOADS to do and inter-club games too. Only 8 places left.

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 5:56 AM

russellie:

They don't all do what they say on the tin !!! for e.g.   I have tried  4 cc so far ( in 12 months) all give themselves a great write up with large memberships and plenty of activity. when you join you are lucky if there are more than 4 active and available players, they have say 60 members but they hardly ever play. 

Is non-participation the CC's fault? You can create all the tournaments you like, but most of the people on this game don't play it religiously. They play when they feel like playing because at the end of the day, it's just a game.

I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find a CC where (almost) everyone plays in every tournament. A third is probably the norm; half is good, and anything more than that is quite excellent. And if they present their club as "active," maybe their definition of active is different than yours. Compared to some CCs, 4 participating members out of 60 is active.

Nice Club logo btw.

Kelsey

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:21 AM

My appologies to the UNCC. it sounded as if thiswas directed at them and that is not the case.  The UNCC s a great club,  it was maybe I don't think I fitted in. perhaps when I get more exterience at Legend I may be able to compete at the same level.

I wish them all the best for the future

Regards

Russell

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:50 AM

Thanks for clearing this up for us Russ, we where a bit confused as to why you posted this comment, but now we know why. Just to make it clear for others, The UNCC has a membership of 46 people. A lot of these members are active, but as is the case everywhere, our members come from more than 1 place around the world. 

It can be difficult sometimes to get a lot of members on at the same time, as most would be asleep on 1 side of the world, while others are in work on the other side of the world. Our club does put a lot on for members, and we have things like teamspeak, football betting, Fantsay football leagues, v-bookie, poker nights, Tournaments, shot and putt of the month just to name a few things. We even have a Karaoke night on Teamspeak for the members who are well known to each other, and are comfortable enough knowing each other to do this, but it is open to everyone, lol.

We understand how some members can become disillusioned, and the latest release from Adobe did not help this situation.  You are a good member Russ, and as always, we would hate to see our members leave, but if its something you think you need to do, then we can only wish you the best of luck in your future WGT and CC activity. The door is still open here, lets just hope you decide to stay. Cheers.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:16 AM

An open appology to UNCC members.

Made a bit of an *** of myself by thinking of quiting the club, big mistake. had one of those beta blocker moments bloody medication.  appologies to all see you on the green if you will have me.
    regards
    Russ

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 11:32 AM

Good point russellie.

"They don't all do what they say on the tin !!! for e.g.   I have tried  4 cc so far ( in 12 months) all give themselves a great write up with large memberships and plenty of activity. when you join you are lucky if there are more than 4 active and available players, they have say 60 members but they hardly ever play. 

I'm  all for CC but at least be up front and honest, we don't want to join then have to dump you because you don't deliver."

-------

Size of a CC doesn’t say it all.

A way to recognise if there are a lot of activities is when you are in a CC profile. Clic  on players LAST DATE PLAY. You will be able to judge by yourself the % of actives players.  If 50 % of them have played in the last week, this is a active CC. If  half of them didn't play in last 6 months then, it is only good for WGT statistics & CC owner but not for the active  members. 

Then second question, does these CC members plays together or not.  There is different way to search further, you go on some members profiles, do they play CC tourney or not. If so clic on some tourney that player made, then go onto leader board & you will be able to see how many players participate in CC tournaments. Numbers of friends....

Score History

06.16.12  Congressional C.C   Blitz 9  Tour Pro   56014
    06.11.12  Congressional C.C.   Blitz 9  Tour Pro   69056
    06.11.12  Wolf Creek Golf Club    Blitz 9  Tour Pro   58684
    06.11.12  Celtic Manor Resort    Blitz 9  Tour Pro   74976

But on top of quantities of members, is the Quality of the CC, Does CC members are left by themselves, or is there leaders in the CC to create special tourney, create interactions among players  members....  most of the time this is what will make a difference between CC. 

:)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:13 PM

Well said  and good points there Rembeau and Russellie , The Quality of the CC  is created by the quality of its members ,    the interactions   among members  is what  makes me play every day  and participate in my CC  the best i can .....    a  good CC full of members to its limits ( 250 players )  that has to have a waiting list that never stop growing   is a good indication  that it is exceptionnal ...............and i hope the same to all CC.....      

• PAGES
RSS