Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Championship Winners

Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:14 AM (79 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:13 AM

Wow!  The top 2 Pro's moved up to Master... and that's it!  Yeah, that really showed them who's boss.  And I bet 'they' still got their prizes too.  I say they, I would stake my house on it that it's actually the same player.  Well, BiB, looks like 'they' paid for 'their' new R11s 3W outright!

WGTadmin2:
    We are addressing this issue and do not accept players with multi-accounts.  WGT is dealing with them in a private manner.

thanks for your patience

So, you deal with multi-accounts by moving them up a tier or two; that to me doesn't sound like you "do not accept them", but in fact encourage them!  I think many of us are running out of patience.

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:09 AM

MioKontic:

Wow!  The top 2 Pro's moved up to Master... and that's it!  Yeah, that really showed them who's boss.  And I bet 'they' still got their prizes too.  I say they, I would stake my house on it that it's actually the same player.  Well, BiB, looks like 'they' paid for 'their' new R11s 3W outright!

WGTadmin2:
    We are addressing this issue and do not accept players with multi-accounts.  WGT is dealing with them in a private manner.

thanks for your patience

So, you deal with multi-accounts by moving them up a tier or two; that to me doesn't sound like you "do not accept them", but in fact encourage them!  I think many of us are running out of patience.

couldnt agree more ....the indifference that is shown is beyond the pale.

• freddysfunky
    38 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 8:41 AM

I'll never join the dark side of the force..........never.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 9:15 AM

Yup, I have had enough.

If the players from the original leaderboard are not cancelled completely, I am drafting a long letter, detailing WGT's seeming indifference to establishing a fair game with a level playing field.  It will detail the many times WGT has put their profit margin ahead of fair play (like now...if you have already sent those players gift cards, then their accounts should be debited 500c.... the 100 they stole and 400 punitive).  But no.... by elevating them as was done, you have admitted that they were breaking the rules.  THEN PUNISH THEM.  Delete the account.  BAR the account from ever playing any competition where the prize is more than a pat on the back.

I will be sending the letter to every gaming commission, to all the major golf and gaming mags, and to all the WGT sponsors (Taylor Made, Ping, Nike, etc).  The main thrust will be that anyone with any sense will save their money and not bring it to WGT where there is a decent chance they will get ripped off by someone without WGT making any effort to prevent it.

Also, this 'handling it privately' is bullsh*t.  They didn't cheat everyone privately.  They did it blatantly where everyone could see it, and everyone pointed it out.  Many of us invest our hard earned money here and we have a right to know EXACTLY what is being done to combat those that would rip us off.

So, WGT.... you have until Friday to end those accounts before the start of a bad publicity blitz.

Here are the addresses of the Gaming Commissions if anyone would like to write them as well:

http://www.gamingfloor.com/Commissions.htm

PC Gamer, Gamespy, Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN...

Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, Golf.com

Ping, Taylor Made, Nike, Callaway, Lynx, Cleveland

USGA, The R&A

Can anyone else think of anyone this letter should go to besides the above?

• Buckthebuck
    572 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 1:41 PM

JaLaBar:

Yup, I have had enough.

If the players from the original leaderboard are not cancelled completely, I am drafting a long letter, detailing WGT's seeming indifference to establishing a fair game with a level playing field.  It will detail the many times WGT has put their profit margin ahead of fair play (like now...if you have already sent those players gift cards, then their accounts should be debited 500c.... the 100 they stole and 400 punitive).  But no.... by elevating them as was done, you have admitted that they were breaking the rules.  THEN PUNISH THEM.  Delete the account.  BAR the account from ever playing any competition where the prize is more than a pat on the back.

I will be sending the letter to every gaming commission, to all the major golf and gaming mags, and to all the WGT sponsors (Taylor Made, Ping, Nike, etc).  The main thrust will be that anyone with any sense will save their money and not bring it to WGT where there is a decent chance they will get ripped off by someone without WGT making any effort to prevent it.

Also, this 'handling it privately' is bullsh*t.  They didn't cheat everyone privately.  They did it blatantly where everyone could see it, and everyone pointed it out.  Many of us invest our hard earned money here and we have a right to know EXACTLY what is being done to combat those that would rip us off.

So, WGT.... you have until Friday to end those accounts before the start of a bad publicity blitz.

Here are the addresses of the Gaming Commissions if anyone would like to write them as well:

http://www.gamingfloor.com/Commissions.htm

PC Gamer, Gamespy, Game Informer, Gamespot, IGN...

Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, Golf.com

Ping, Taylor Made, Nike, Callaway, Lynx, Cleveland

USGA, The R&A

Can anyone else think of anyone this letter should go to besides the above?

I honestly think you shouldn't waste your time. Understand that you could ban any of these that won prizes and next time this type of tournament is played it will be the same exact thing just different accounts, and the time after that, and the time after that. So although it might make you feel better it won't change a damn thing.

At the end of the day the winners in these tiers got either a 25 dollar, 50 dollar or 100 dollar amazon gift card. No reason to be in a jealous (or non jealous) rage.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 1:46 PM

Lol this thread id so funny. I smoke a joint just so i can come in here and laugh my *** off. WGT has not deleted those accounts for 1 reason. They can't prove who was playing for them and that's the bottom line. I'm sure they went through account history and all but if they can't find any link in the accounts then there is noting they can do. They can't just boot a account because of being accused. To accuse you have to have evidence and all the yapping in here and nobody has proven anything. So moving them to master was the best they could do even though they will tear up the master tier next time. WGT has to much money so reporting them is only gonna be a waste of your time hell they may boot you before they boot them lol.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:03 PM

I'm starting to think that the legends who are complaining  are mad cause they tried to play the lower tiers from other accounts and still fell short cause otherwise why do you care. The fact is you couldnt win the legend tier so you feel the need to take it out on the lower tiers. And to the ones that want to make it single play i say why? Wgt gets more money for ball purchases money talks and bull ish walks. And if they did make it single sam,jason,buck and all the good names may not shoot 55 but will still post 57 or 58. Then the same ones will be in here saying its not possible to shoot that in one try under these winds and that they needed more tries at it so its a lose lose from the ones who want to take up pointless space on nonsense. Congrats to the winners and gl to the ones who fell short last time. STAY CLASSY

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:37 PM

i am starting to think NOTOTHIS works for WGT lol i am a legend and i am not complaining,but a cheater is a cheater is a cheater,they never win in the end.Except on this site lol

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:00 PM

Buckthebuck:

I honestly think you shouldn't waste your time. Understand that you could ban any of these that won prizes and next time this type of tournament is played it will be the same exact thing just different accounts, and the time after that, and the time after that. So although it might make you feel better it won't change a damn thing.

At the end of the day the winners in these tiers got either a 25 dollar, 50 dollar or 100 dollar amazon gift card. No reason to be in a jealous (or non jealous) rage.

Oddly enough Buck it looks like you gifted some items very early on to one of the Pro Tier winners. I'm sure its just coincidence but it does look a bit odd to me. 

Its pretty easy to track back and look at who gifts products to whom on whos friends lists of people who are winning those tournaments. Theres a few legends who have gifted items that Pros or TP's are using to win their teirs.

BM

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:04 PM

notonthis:

And you're defending the cheats because...?

RSS