Forums

Help › Forums

feel

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 2 2010 7:00 PM (8 replies)
  • marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 7:54 AM

Could some one tell me what the attribute "feel" on the balls means? I want to get balls that have the best attributes but I'm confussed. Right now I"m using the tour sd balls. Also, which is better attribute on clubs, forgiveness or precision? Any recommendations? Thanks

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 8:16 AM

The "feel" your referring to is the amount it slows down the meter...more feel = less meter speed

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 8:17 AM

great info...thanks,,,wish they had somewhere  to explain the attributes on clubs and balls,,,would help a lot...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 8:23 AM

marcbgd:
    which is better attribute on clubs, forgiveness or precision?

This is the old Miller Lite argument, "Taste great, less filling". Some are going to swear that one is better than the other.

Your best bet is to rent the clubs with these attributes and decide what works best for your game.

Good luck and have fun.

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 8:57 AM

Most of us older guys need the most feel you can get. I have the ping rapture set with alot of feel and get the most feel golfballs.:) You younger guys would yawn with the slow speed of the meter.

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 10:06 AM

marcbgd:
    wish they had somewhere  to explain the attributes on clubs and balls,,,would help a lot...

From the FAQ:

Clubs:

Avg. Distance: Displays the average distance the ball will travel when hit at full strength on a flat surface and with no wind

Trajectory: Indicates the general height of the ball flight

Precision: Defines generally how close to the aiming point the ball will land based on where you hit on the swing meter

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

Shot Shaping: Displays the level of "workability" of the club to move the ball left or right during flight

Spin: Defines the level of spin the club will transfer to the ball. A ball with more spin will stop faster on the green

Meter Speed: Indicates the speed at which the swing meter moves, with 5 being the fastest

Balls:

Distance: Will display the increase in distance you will receive using the ball

Spin: Will display the increase in spin you will receive using the ball

Feel: A ball with a Feel rating will decrease the speed of the swing meter when the ball is used

Durability: Will display how many hits the ball can absorb before being taken out of play

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 6:56 PM

Thanks for the info...i have been through the faqs but didn't see this or saw it a long time ago and forgot...On the forgiveness...I thought this would be forgiveing if you didn't hit it perfect...but this sounds like if u don't ding it your miss increases...if that is right...i must have made a mistake buying clubs with a 3-4 forgiveness. It would seem i would want clubs with no forgiveness,,,is this correct?

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 6:59 PM

thanks who...i just tried some balls with 2 feel...it slows down too much for me because i'm used to higher speeds,,,now i'll try one with a 1 feel...thanks for the info.

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 7:00 PM

Thanks Rich, I'll do that. good luck

RSS