Forums

Help › Forums

SWING METER

Sun, May 2 2010 4:58 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 2:38 PM

STILL GETTING JERKY SWING METER.WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO CURE THIS.HAVE FOLLOWED ALL STEPS HERE ON WGT

JAMES

• SOFBear
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 2:51 PM
    I was having similar troubles with only the putting swing meter and there were two things that I did to help out greatly. First I bought a mouse that had the ability to adjust the dpi on the fly. On the putting surface I slow it down quite a bit and that helps. However, I was still having matches where I'd swing and then nothing would happen and then the ball would go 2 yards--ugh! Well, I turned off my anti virus completely and so far I haven't had any problems. If you think about it, this is web based and the AV is scanning for incoming viruses. That really helped.
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 3:19 PM

Try optimizing and defraging your hard drive along with stopping any background processes, and uninstalling any unused programs. Keeping the inside cleaned out will help the air flow and fans run more efficient as well. You can also download Game Booster at Cnetdownloads.com.

Good luck.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 3:21 PM

YES I DID ALL OF THAT STILL PROBLEMS WITH SWING METER

JAMES

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 4:11 PM

Well James, it's just the nature of beast then. This is the major flaw with the game. Most people are able to get some relief from a poor swing meter by performing the above enhancements. Does your machine meet the system requirements? If so, that's all the help I can offer. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more help.

Until WGT takes the game out of Adobe flash, this is what we get for a meter.

You can try moving the meter back and forth before hitting the ball, and if the meter stutters, let it glide through the hitting zone and you won't be penalized for a swing.

Good luck and play well.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 5:28 PM

More times than not your computer is junked up with too many processes. Background processes don't usually eat up much virtual memory. Watch out for Adobe though! lol.. there's a huge bug with  PDF if you're on XP. If you open up your processes and see the acrobat reader just kill it.

When you reboot your computer.. how long does it take to "load up". Mine takes about 30 seconds. That's because I don't have ANYTHING in my startup. In many cases it's not the background processes (per se) that are the problem... but just too many things running on startup (which create more background processes).

Have you ran msconfig and cleared your startup?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 7:30 PM

Good observation smason.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:09 PM

THANKS

I TYPED IN MISCONFIG.EXE  IN RUN THEN WHAT DO I DO

JAMES

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 10:56 PM

Run Msconfig and clear EVERYTHING.

Clear it all out.. reboot.. and enjoy the benefit of a clean system!

Any programs you might need are still available. Only run the ones that you need!

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 4:50 AM

smason77:

Run Msconfig and clear EVERYTHING.

Clear it all out.. reboot.. and enjoy the benefit of a clean system!

Any programs you might need are still available. Only run the ones that you need!

Clear it all out? I would certainly verify what each process does before doing that. He may find out that he will loose some PC functionality if he kills a necessary process.

• PAGES
RSS