Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Comparison Question

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 30 2010 6:39 AM (6 replies)
  • Pebbles28
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:58 PM

In the putter comparison, what does balance mean and how does it affect your shot?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:03 AM

Edit: Disregard this message

• Pebbles28
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:37 AM

Can anybody help me with this? It's the one thing not covered in the FAQ about club ratings.

Thanks in advance.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:34 AM

Hi Pebbles,

Balance works with the putter's precision rating and represents consistency throughout the different distance increments of your putter.  The higher the balance rating, the more you can rely on the ball consistently going the distance you've struck your putt, especially so on longer putts.  Balance also works with forgiveness in a very similar manner to help reign in the effect of off-center hits, also making them react more consistently on longer putts.

Hope that answers your question. =)

• patricp
    52 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 5:56 AM

to follow up on this thread, between the Ping Redwood & the TaylorMade Daytona, which one would folks recommend?  I am torn between the two.  I am leaning towards the Daytona b/c of the lower swing speed, but I wanted to get recommendations from ppl first.

Thanks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 6:01 AM

The Redwood has a 45 ft scale which I find to be hugely useful for 9-13 ft putts. The Daytona replaces this with a 60 ft scale.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 6:39 AM

Pebbles, are you a ding putter, or a miss on purpose putter?  Some people aim for the ding, some people aim to miss the ding, i.e. left to right break they click before the ding to hit it left.  If you are a ding putter, then the daytona might help you more since the speed is slower.  The lack of 45ft range is not a biggy to me, since you can do the 60ft meter to calculate pretty easily, some people dont like that though.

RSS