Forums

Help › Forums

Stroke Count Discrepancy

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:25 AM (5 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:27 AM

Here's an odd one for you. I was playing a solo round on Kiawah yesterday and hit my 2nd shot on #6 in the rough right of the hole. I hit my 3rd shot 5 ft from the pin, then putted 1ft past the hole. BUT, my stroke count then showed me putting for 6 rather than 5.

This has happened before but I thought I had just lost count of shots. But I replayed this hole in my (feeble) mind many times and still came up lying 4, not 5.

I sent a bug report on it. Anyone else ever have this happen?

• TarheelsRule
    5,486 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 8:26 AM
    Never had this happen as you described it. I have had a stroke added while playing in a group before and having all the other players leave, didn't realize that the timer still works and was penalized for timing out.
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 12:44 PM

If you are using balls other than the free one's I have noticed that when a ball is lost it doesn't show on the game screen. It only shows where the ball is on the lower right, it could be that you lost a ball and it was replaced without you being aware of it. I have lost 3 balls the last couple days because of major meter spikes. The first on Kia and the second on SA. Both on the second hole, go figure that.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 9:26 PM

duffer66:

If you are using balls other than the free one's I have noticed that when a ball is lost it doesn't show on the game screen. It only shows where the ball is on the lower right, it could be that you lost a ball and it was replaced without you being aware of it. I have lost 3 balls the last couple days because of major meter spikes. The first on Kia and the second on SA. Both on the second hole, go figure that.

The ball wasn't lost. It was in the rough just right of the green on #6 Kiawah in 2. I hit to within 4ft in 3, putted past the hole with my 4th, and the stroke count showed lying 5, not 4. I sank what should have been stroke 5 but the count was 6. No lost ball.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:08 AM

duffer66:

If it was a lost ball he would have had to hit another ball and I'm sure he would be able to remember doing so...

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:25 AM

Ala same thing happened to my friend and a few others ive heard bout this bug. Think they know.

RSS