Forums

Help › Forums

Need advice please

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:43 AM (9 replies)
  • rpcdllc
    48 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:11 PM

I just recently graduated to master tier ( not sure if good or bad ) and I had a question about equipment. Should I consider getting different clubs from the ones I have now? Will new clubs be of help in playing at this new level? I can't believe I'm asking his of you guys out there, but please feel free to check out my equipment (lol). Not asking for anything but advice and opinions based on others experience. Thanks in advance to all!

• piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:14 PM

PING fan, eh? Me too! I would keep them if I were you. I'm jealous of what you got!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:35 PM

Hey rpc...  Here's some advice from a recent Master who just upgraded his clubs.

Oh... my... God.  

I can't hit anything.  Can't putt, can't drive, wedges and irons are about as effective as a 12gauge shotgun.

But hey... it's a learning experience.. I was really really comfortable with my pro set and did well enough to make it to Master without cherry picking the best rounds... sure, took a bit longer but I was ready... but then I played other Masters in Matchplay.  Even knowing the clubs I had it was starting to get embarrassing.  I lost a Match Play at St. Andrews 5dn.

That's when I realized I needed bigger sticks if I wanted to run with the big dogs.  But, like anything in life, the new will take a while to get used to.

As to what you get, well, that's gonna be up to you.  Personally I went with the 3 wedge set (minus the hybrid 3).  Having everyone's equipment readily available to look at makes it easy to see who is having success with what.

Hope this ramble helps you... best of luck and remember the main goal is to have fun.

Peace.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:39 PM

I would get the r-9 driver asap.

Once you learn how to handle it, and you will. Get rid of the hybrid and get a 64 degree wedge.

I would also get the master G-10 irons..

Another good move, get the GI-SD balls..you can fine tune your wedge set a bit after getting the g-10's for a better spread.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:59 PM

rpcdllc:

I just recently graduated to master tier ( not sure if good or bad ) and I had a question about equipment. Should I consider getting different clubs from the ones I have now? Will new clubs be of help in playing at this new level? I can't believe I'm asking his of you guys out there, but please feel free to check out my equipment (lol). Not asking for anything but advice and opinions based on others experience. Thanks in advance to all!

If all you do is follow in others foot steps.. you'll never discover yourself.

The best advice is to learn the game. Play it.

The rest is up to you.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:33 AM

Masters clubs make a big difference so yes you do need to upgrade.  Definitely go the 3 wedge route as well giving up the hybrid.  Try and get the clubs with the same meter speed, it does help having all the same speed.  If you like your G10 irons then get the Masters version, they are good

Mick

• johnny1604
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:43 AM

hi mick.how do you get the master clubs m8.do you have to pay or do you get points for playingthis game.thanks .

• gtw1717
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:53 AM

IV BEEN PLAYING A MONTH OR SI AND I FIND THAT IF I HIT AT THE FLAG MY SHOT ENDS UP 20,30,40 YARDS OFF THE MARK AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO ADJUST TO THIS??IF A CLUB(9 IRON)SAYS 110YARDS I DONT EXPECT IT TO GO ANY FURTHER  OR ANY LESS THAN THE CLUB CALLS FOR!!OTHERWISE YOU ARE IN A CRAPSHOOT  AND YOU REALLY DONT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAR YYOUR BALL WILL TRAVEL???I,VE HIT PERFECT DRIVER SHOTS ACCORDING TO YOUR NORM AND END UP INA DITCH(WATER)AND IT COCT ME A STROKE SO WOTS SO PERFECT ABOUT A TWO STROKE HIT???ON A WEDGE I PULL THE DOT DOWN FOR BACKSPIN TO "SQUAT"AND IT GOES 12==81= 28 YARDS AWAY FROM THE TARGETSO I REALLY NEED SOMEONE  TO ADVISE ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS (EXCUSE THE EXPRESSION)GAME OF MAYBE GOLF???? I AM AT A POINT TO WHERE I SEEM TO BE FRAILING FOR NOTHING???????HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!EGORGE WALTERS==flashgtw@verizon.net

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 7:15 AM

Hi George... I'm trying to find your specific questions here...  (block of all cap text is hard to read).

You hit the flag and the ball ricochets off into the distance?  You can remove the flag by clicking on the flag icon at the top of the screen between the MPH and the YRDS to the hole.

Listed club distance is not a guarantee of that distance.  There are many other variables, wind speed, elevation, ball attributes, etc.. it's down to that magical real golf formula of feel + experience.  If you don't hit the ball right on the 'excellent' line you will experience wildly different flight patterns.

All I can offer you, George, is the advice to practice, practice, practice....  (Some folks take notes, too)

Good luck.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 8:01 AM

gtw1717:
    IV BEEN PLAYING A MONTH OR SI AND I FIND THAT IF I HIT AT THE FLAG MY SHOT ENDS UP 20,30,40 YARDS OFF THE MARK AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO ADJUST TO THIS??

Its not often that I aim directly at the flag,  I check the wind direction indicator and move the blue aiming triangle to the left or right of the flag depending on the wind direction.  Practice and experience tells me how much left or right to aim.

Have you gone through the FAQs(see the box on the right ---->) and viewed the videos on how to hit the ball?

gtw1717:
    IF A CLUB(9 IRON)SAYS 110YARDS I DONT EXPECT IT TO GO ANY FURTHER  OR ANY LESS THAN THE CLUB CALLS FOR!!OTHERWISE YOU ARE IN A CRAPSHOOT  AND YOU REALLY DONT HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAR YYOUR BALL WILL TRAVEL???

How far a club goes depends on how far you pull back on the power meter, how close you click to the center line, headwind/downwind conditions, and ball spin.  The 110yds is a guideline of what to expect.

RSS