Forums

Help › Forums

Green speed incorrect

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:20 PM (6 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 11:51 AM

The distance reported is consistently shorter than the actual distance the putt needs to be hit. Under the old system there was a particular parameter that defined the speed of the green, but under the current system, the putt consistently comes up short by quite a bit(sometimes up to 5 ft) on putts 10ft+ no matter the conditions.  This may be an intentional thing(beginner putter), but I thought I'd bring it up since the speed of the green has definitely changed from the last version, intentional or not.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 8:29 PM

Ive noticed that too. Putts coming up short as where before the update they would get to the hole.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 6:12 AM

I am constantly coming up 3 in to 2 feet short based on the 'pre-beta' putter. 

• gamblepsu
    5 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 8:14 AM

I noticed if you don't hit it 'perfect' than your distance does vary a bit. Normally it's shorter, but once on a birdie putt of 32 ft it actually was MUCH harder than where the meter was.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 8:43 PM

I've notice the coming up short issue myself. Most notably on Hole #3. Gives me a 14 ft putt, 0 ft "up" (which for this hole usually means a gradual uphill that you need to add distance to compensate for), and I'll put the market on the 1/2 point of the swing meter. Hit a "perfect" putt and the ball goes just over 11 FEET!?!?!?!?! Something's wrong there.

• BiRdyKiNg
    30 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 2:55 PM

This must have been posted prior to the newest changes.  I am able to do everything better in the las couple of days.  Putting distance and lines are the most improved part of the game.....I wouldn't even try to putt much of anything 30+ ft prior to the changes......now the scaling and the speeds seem to be on the money, even on the 60-150ft putter scale.  Good job WGT.

Birdyking 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:20 PM

We did adjust the speed of the greens with our latest release so hopefully that is working better for everyone.

RSS