Forums

Help › Forums

What a joy,,,

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:29 PM (7 replies)
  • Dutch57
    362 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:44 AM

4 of  us  downloaded   Skype.  Its   voice program thats free to download.  Thru a head set or  your computer  speakers /microphone   we all  played  and  talked as if  we were in the same room .   Laffing  and  cutting up  wow  what  a joy .  I would suggest to anyone  , if you want to add the demention of  talking to your friends during a game, this is  a free way to do it. We even stayed talking after one  player  disconnected from the game.  Wow that was soooooo  nice  to  be able to do this.     www.Skype.com     By the  way,  it did not slow the game down one bit.........yeaaaaaaaaaaa.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 9:34 AM

Dutch57 you are an answer to my prayers.I loved playing matchplay but had to give it up because of the typing what I want to say.Trouble is I'm just an ole' country boy that ain't never had no reason to learn how to type.I got a computer strictly for gaming.It's impossible to follow a conversation if you cannot look away from your keyboard whilst typing and everybody else is just yacking it up.Man I hope this works for me.Thanks again,Dutch57...I hope...

Keep swinging,

Larry

• Dutch57
    362 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:44 AM

I wish to thank you for the kind words.. I have sent a friends request to you.  The group i  run with are  changing to slype   fast  and we want you to be a part .

Thanks  larry  -------------Terry

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:07 AM

Hi Guys,

Yep - Skype is great.

Just one word of warning - make sure your "upload" and "download" limits are sufficient for the duration of your time online.

Hey - they probably are. Never the less, just make sure - otherwise it will cost you !!

Cheers

Doug

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:13 AM

Skype makes this game insane fun to play. I play on a Guild team at the ladder site. It's 2 on 2 match play (score kept manually) and when you and your partner are playing against another pair and you're both on Skype it is tremendous. The strategy, shot setup, etc. can be shared without taking your eyes off the screen. Very intense and a superb way to learn from others and share tips.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:15 PM

I'd trade in all this technology for a good 'ol round of REAL golf any day.

Just Sayin'!

Got my tin foil hat on!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:21 PM

smason77:

I'd trade in all this technology for a good 'ol round of REAL golf any day.

Just Sayin'!

Got my tin foil hat on!

GO BIG RED! SOONERS! My Father would love it...Norman...got his masters there

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:29 PM

SweetiePie:

GO BIG RED! SOONERS! My Father would love it...Norman...got his masters there

Geez I'm surprised anyone on here even knew that OU was Oklahoma. Most people I play with on here think it's Ohio! lol.

Cheers to you SP. Got my Bachelors in Norman before I joined the AF.

RSS