Forums

Help › Forums

Credits for ranked rounds

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:47 PM (3 replies)
  • krokk
    34 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 6:37 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but just an idea I'll throw out.

Allow players to earn 1 credit per ranked round played.

I know there are other ways to earn credits here, however I see many new players that don't play in tourney's, MP's and the like. For them, it would be a way to aquire better equipment and possibly cut down on the frustration factor for new players.

Also, if people knew they would earn something for completing ranked rounds, they would more than likely be inclined to finish their rounds and therefore be placed in their correct tier.

The more rounds played by a person, the more knowledgable a person becomes, the more that person is apt to get hooked on the game and quite possibly purchase the decent clubs/balls ect.

WGT would do well in my opinion to implement a feature such as this, for I think it would draw more customers as well as keep some potential customers that might otherwise leave out of frustration.

Just something to think about....

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 9:52 AM

krokk:

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but just an idea I'll throw out.

Allow players to earn 1 credit per ranked round played.

I know there are other ways to earn credits here, however I see many new players that don't play in tourney's, MP's and the like. For them, it would be a way to aquire better equipment and possibly cut down on the frustration factor for new players.

Also, if people knew they would earn something for completing ranked rounds, they would more than likely be inclined to finish their rounds and therefore be placed in their correct tier.

The more rounds played by a person, the more knowledgable a person becomes, the more that person is apt to get hooked on the game and quite possibly purchase the decent clubs/balls ect.

WGT would do well in my opinion to implement a feature such as this, for I think it would draw more customers as well as keep some potential customers that might otherwise leave out of frustration.

Just something to think about....

here is my 2 cents worth on your suggestion. 1 credit worth 1 cent wont in my opinion stop the quitters. They will quit to save their ranking and  it would take more than 1  cent's worth of credits to stop them. And any more than 1 credit would be unfair to the players who finish in the top 70 in the free tourneys but low enough to only win 1 credit or like was my case in week 14, so many players were tied that I "won" 0.7 credits. That's right less than 1 credit so I actually won nothing.

Another related idea. 1 credit for finishing a rated round solo or multi-player and as a deterrent to quitting., a 5 credit fine for quitting a solo round and a 10 credit fine for quitting a multi-player round. It may not be much but as the quitters seem to quit a lot of rounds it would add up quickly.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:30 PM

That sounds like a good idea to me born, but then you get the ever so overplayed (even by myself) argument: "But what if my internet goes out and I can't get back on?" Fining members is a bad idea. 

How about 10 credits for every 10 ranked rounds? 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:47 PM

borntobesting:
    a 5 credit fine for quitting a solo round and a 10 credit fine for quitting a multi-player round.

What about the quitters who don't have any Cr? However, I agree rewarding members in some capacity who play the whole MP round.

There's really know fair way to deal with quitters. It's just something members are going to have to deal with. WGT isn't going to make haste over this subject. Reputation Tracking might be the answer, but I don't believe it's the cure all for MP quitters, IMO.

RSS