Forums

Help › Forums

In lieu of a driving range/putting green ...

Wed, May 20 2009 6:26 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TrickMilton
    27 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:13 PM

The ability to re-hit any shot in a practice round would be extremely helpful until or in lieu of the release of a driving range/putting green. I have no idea how hard this would be but maybe the "restart" option in the skills challenge could be rewritten a bit to revert back to the last shot played. If you think about it, the pros do this very thing in their practice rounds to get a feel for the course. 

By the way, I love the upgrade and new club options. Can't wait for more clubs to be released.

• TrickMilton
    27 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 12:05 AM

Has this been suggested before and does anyone else agree?

• reskew
    3 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 12:57 PM

i agree.  the practice round should be just that.  practice.

• Rooster
    4 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 1:56 PM

Please provide a drivingn range.  I would love to experiement with shaping shots without using the course .. one hole at a time.

• archibaldy
    2 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2009 2:17 PM

I would love to see the ability to replay your last shot added to the practice mode. It would be gretat to be able to tune in approach shots without having to play the whole 9 holes just to get back to that shot you shanked on the third or fourth.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2009 2:39 PM

I do agree with the being able to rehit your last shot in the practice round, but would like to add to this suggestion.

I would rather see "instead of" a driving range and putting green the ability to practice any one hole on any "stroke play" course. If hole # 9 on the ocean course is giving someone a problem, they should be able to practice that one hole without having to play the other 8 holes before it. Of course there are some that would say it should apply to the skill challenge course's also.

If you wanted to practice putting, the ability to putt on any hole would be more practical than a putting green because you are practicing on the very green you will be playing on. Being able to drop on any green and practice would help everyone.

And lastly, if you carried it further and let anyone drop anywhere they wanted on any hole they could practice any shots they wanted using different clubs.I don't know how the programming end of that would be...maybe too much trouble.

One final thought, because upgrades knock out our saved replayes, I would like to see a way to save our replays to our computer so we can keep them if we want. Constant upgrading should not take away a memorable shot that we want to show folks.

Thanks.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 7:24 AM

I am completely against being able to 'drop' a practice shot anywhere you want to on a course, simply for the fact that in real life you don't see people walking out to the 4th fairway and dropping ball after ball to practice an approach shot (usually).  Now to allow a mulligan... that's debatable, but I would side on not giving that option either as it is generally frowned upon in basic golf etiquette.  *edit* Not to mention completely against the rules of golf =)

I think right now the best, and really only option is to actually have the driving range and putting green.... then again you do have a driving range, the first tee!  Just takes a little more time to keep reloading the round. =)

Lee

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 8:14 AM

What's a mulligan?

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 10:11 AM

A mulligan is when you hit a bad shot put down another ball and don't count the bad shot.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 10:16 AM
  • PAGES
RSS