3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:39 PM

Why has this thread been un-sticky'd?

Needs to stay at the top, imho.

Peace

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 11:57 AM

New stuff is up, though for some reason I cannot edit the OP, so you'll have to access the balls through the spreadsheet itself (click the Drivers and FW Metals link).

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 1:58 PM

Thanks for the re-sticky...

Now, if only they would let us edit posts on this thread... getting the blue OOPS screen

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 2:03 PM

Yeah, that's a minor problem if I can't edit my original post.  If that can't be fixed can we just have this thread deleted?  I can repost it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 2:39 PM

Niv.. perhaps re-posting it yourself with a note to WGTAdmin to dump this one?

Of course, you'll have to ask them to tack it, too...

Peace

• POKeefe
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:51 AM

This is my 4th day playing, and I'm at a 85ish avg atm (Pro Tier).  Looking to get some new stuff since I've been using the free stuff and wondering what some suggestions would be for new clubs and which ball.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2009 6:38 PM

The Tour Starter full set upgrade is both the most basic and most inexpensive at $7.92.  I would also recommend a driver other than the Tour Starter driver to get a little more distance off the tee.  The Pro tier R9 is 750 (?) credits I believe, so your initial investment is only $15.  Test out the clubs with the default ball and see how things go.  If the meter is too fast (particularly on the Driver) then purchase a 3-pack of GI-D balls (the ones with feel) and try that.  The FEEL rating of the GI-D type balls slow the meter down and that makes it easier to hit more excellent shots.

I don't recommend any further upgrades yet, as some of the best players on this site still play with Tour Starter irons and/or wedges, so upgrading those right out of the gate is not really necessary.  Learn the ins and outs of the game with this basic setup (and keep your total under $20 to boot) and then decide if you need to invest more later on down the road.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 2:26 AM

nivlac:
    The Pro tier R9 is 750 (?) credits I believe

It's $9. However, if money is no issue, beginners can't go wrong by purchasing the Rapture full set for $27.18. That's compared to $16.92 for the more risk-prone R9 driver & the less efficient Tour Starter set (the Tour Starter set includes an upgraded putter, though). You don't need to keep buying GI-D balls regularly to slow down the Rapture clubs' meter.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 6:19 AM

The nice thing about the Tour Starter irons is their high trajectory on approach shots to elevated greens. All other iron sets have a relative low approach angle, and will "run" on elevated greens, even with the new balls.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 10:21 AM

Hey Niv,

Just noticed in your chart you have the Ping Master 54* at 95 yards, the Pro-shop shows it as 105 yards.

RSS