538 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:32 PM

Send me an invite and ill show you how its done from the back tees

CSC

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:58 PM

TrapStar32:
      Let's see you draw your tee shot on #2 at Bethpage.

Hi Trap,

Take chipshotcharlie up on his challenge and watch how fast you get pimped.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:39 PM

LOL BPB #2 isn't draw it's the slope of the fairway.

LMAO!

Just saying.

Has anyone ever actually hit the rightside rough on this hole?

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:40 PM

Hey Richard, or can I call you Dick?  How about you and Charlie alternate playing me in 10 matches and see if you can total more than 1 win?  That's my challenge.  We can make it interesting if you want.

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:33 PM

LMAO!  You're a pro smason.  Try playing it from the master tees, then talk.  The trees are definitely in play for masters...and so is the right rough.  That is beside the point anyway.  Your weak pro ability to play one specific hole has no bearing on whether or not WGT needs shot shaping.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:10 AM

TrapStar32:

LMAO

I think you geniuses have pulls and pushes confused with draws and fades.  And to the guy who talks about me thinking you should be fading it into 3 feet every time.....lol...how about just being able to draw a tee shot when it's necessary?  Let's see you draw your tee shot on #2 at Bethpage.  We'll see if you don't hit the trees on your left.

Don't try and draw that shot. geeze trees are hanging out into the fairway. What can u be thinking to draw that shot? Just hit it to the top of the shade on the fairway, leaves you a nice wedge shot.

I do think WGT needs to hire somebody with a damn lawnmower for BPB. Them friggin 70% lies suck!

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:27 AM

Skeeter, What are you talking about? You obviously didn't read any of these posts. It would nice if you could draw it, but I obviously don't try to draw on a game that doesn't having drawing capability.

By the way, it's not always that easy of a tee shot with a hard left to right wind. (unless you could draw lol)

Also....do you even know what a draw is? "trees are hanging out into the fairway." If a draw was possible, the shot would be started even more right than what you are doing right now when you hit that shot....thus the trees would be much more of a non factor. It seems as though a lot of people on this site think drawing the ball is just pulling it left.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:32 AM
    Nevermind. You haven't figured out you need to play the way the game wants you to play.
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:26 AM

Trapster, the whole thing about the 3ft from the hole, was saying that in real golf it is hard to do, same as here.  Please look at my 3 saved shots from hole 2 and 4 of bethpage that I posted today.  The first shot  was in a 14mph dead into the wind, the shot bends approximately 10 yards. 

The second one was set up on a practice round (took twice to do because the first wind was going right to left, so I reset the practice round), was 2mph dead into the wind.  Hit a little earlier on the meter than the first, aimed a little further right, and looks to have bent around 10-15 yds in a draw.

The 3rd shot is on hole 4 (not the hole to hit a fade but still shows it), 3mph wind heading east (only 3mph, not really enough to call it a fade  wind).  I aimed this left edge of left fairway bunker, and this thing fades a good 15 yds.

You can see the winds are as described on the replay.  If you need further proof, send me an invite to play.  Dont nit pick that they didnt break more than 15 yds, all 3 shots were done inside the first swing meter bar, they can be exagerated more.  A draw and a fade are generally smaller lateral movements, slice and hooks are more extreme.  This game allows fades and draws, the are not pulls or pushes.

Are we in agreement now that you can work the ball?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:47 AM

TrapStar32:
    It would nice if you could draw it, but I obviously don't try to draw on a game that doesn't having drawing capability.

Timeout there, TS. You are right about this game not literally having that ability to actually draw and fade. However, looking at the actual arc of the shot and saying it's one or the other is the only way you can see it. The result of said action is what you're looking for. Going to BPB2, what is the purpose of drawing the ball there-to get around the trees and long into the fairway. The next time you're there try this (and it's hard to do.) Without touching the default aim intentionally miss your tee shot by 1/2 the distance between the ding and the first hash mark. Intentionally pull the ball. With practice you will find just how much to "draw" the shot to get around the trees.Wind will obviously affect this. The result is the same as a draw-you're 90-100 yds out in the middle of the fairway, not on the bank to the right, bringing more trees into play. BPB5 is the same way, especially if the wind is blowing left to right. Aim left side of fwy and miss late. The ball gets going in the direction of the wind and carries to the center of the fairway.

Pulling and pushing your shots is effective, used properly. I pretend it's drawing and fading.  :-)

RSS