Forums

Help › Forums

sell this site!

Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:00 AM (37 replies)
  • TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:44 PM

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online a better golf site?  My friend just gave me a link to it.  I haven't played yet, but I do know they have 11 courses right now.  If anything, maybe this will give WGT a kick in the ass to get better faster.  They probably wouldn't want me posting the link here, but I'm sure it's not hard for people find.  I plan on sticking with WGT for a while, but eventually I might have to make the switch to Tiger. 

Only 2 1/2 playable courses in almost 2 years is ridiculous....when you're charging people this kind of money.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:52 PM

I PLAYED TIGER WOODS PGA BETA DIDNT LIKE IT AT ALL.THE SWING METER IS A WHEEL TO HARD TO HIT THE BALL.I KEPT SLICING

JAMES

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:57 AM

Sorry Loser,

You are way off line my friend.

I would rather the company go forward slowly, and get it right - than rush into doing half baked updates all the time. 

The courses are coming, dont you read the forums ?? The back 9 at ST Andy's is coming soon, also Oakmount.

Today we have the release of  CTTH at Oakmount, then it will be the full course, ready for the Open.

WGT dont have the resources of TWO, the generating of the courses is what takes the time. Patience - you will be rewarded. :-)

@TrapStar

TWO - yeh off you go !!  But make sure you have your wallet at the ready. It'll cost you about $1 to  $1.50 green fees per round. Then if you want to improve - Yep - thats right its more $$$$  These guys are in this to make a profit - thats how it works. You don't get anything in life for nothing.

Personally I think WGT are doing it the right way. Yeh, we all get frustrated at the length of time it takes to get new courses - but in my opinion its worth the wait

Hang in there - it will be worth it, believe me.

Cheers 

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:50 AM

TWO costs $60 per year for unlimited play at all courses.  That is $5 per month.  Equipment is purchased through experience judged by amount of rounds played.  It costs more than $5 per month for balls alone. (at WGT)... if you play a lot.

I believe that WGT will eventually be a lot better than it is now, just don't use monetary value as an argument to stay.  Maybe TWO has way more resources and that's why it's more advanced, but it's also less expensive.

Forget the fact that WGT only has a few courses....you can barely even call it a golf game without shot shaping.  Draws and fades are imperative to playing a "real" game of golf. 

Instead of WGT spending time working on new courses, equipment, avatars, etc., they should first make the playability at least at an acceptable level of a true golf simulation.

Cheers

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:33 AM

TrapStar32:

Maybe TWO has way more resources and that's why it's more advanced, but it's also less expensive.

For you maybe.

Not for me.   The total amount of money I've spent here is less than half of a TW full year membership.   In fact, when you count in my real winnings (through prizes) here, I'm actually in the black.

Cheers.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:23 AM

marioh:

TrapStar32:

Maybe TWO has way more resources and that's why it's more advanced, but it's also less expensive.

For you maybe.

Not for me.   The total amount of money I've spent here is less than half of a TW full year membership.   In fact, when you count in my real winnings (through prizes) here, I'm actually in the black.

Cheers.

My last playing partner at TW2

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:17 AM

Wah Wah.  $60 year at TWO, times how many years?  For cartoon courses, for a cartoon game.  I played TW on PS3, and after playing WGT, I will stick with WGT, real courses are so much better.  There was also complaints of not being able to work the ball, which is a roadmap feature, as well is lie positions.  Plus, you can work the ball a little in the game, miss the meter far enough and the ball will draw and fade.  I guess its safe to say though, that is hard to do, and normally in the real game of golf you can accurately fade a shoot to 3ft from the pin everytime.  Get REAL.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:33 PM

neildiamond11790:

There was also complaints of not being able to work the ball, which is a roadmap feature, as well is lie positions.  Plus, you can work the ball a little in the game, miss the meter far enough and the ball will draw and fade.  I guess its safe to say though, that is hard to do, and normally in the real game of golf you can accurately fade a shoot to 3ft from the pin everytime.  Get REAL.

I've noticed that if you pay attention to the angle of the shot arch and play the meter accordingly it is possible to shape shots. It's not easy but like anything with practice it's entirely possible.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:58 PM

smason77:
    I've noticed that if you pay attention to the angle of the shot arch and play the meter accordingly it is possible to shape shots. It's not easy but like anything with practice it's entirely possible

...and I agree.  Kinda like 'real golf', huh?

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:14 PM

LMAO

I think you geniuses have pulls and pushes confused with draws and fades.  And to the guy who talks about me thinking you should be fading it into 3 feet every time.....lol...how about just being able to draw a tee shot when it's necessary?  Let's see you draw your tee shot on #2 at Bethpage.  We'll see if you don't hit the trees on your left.

RSS