Help › Forums

club purchase

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:47 AM
    Hi since moving to pro tier and moving to pro tees im having trouble with a few shots ie getting distance on my drives, i want to buy some clubs but there are so many not sure which ones and should i by the same clubs or mix and match
  • trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:29 AM
    Hi Killjoy, I was in the same position as you having recently gone to pro tier. After looking around on the forums I eventually went for Ping clubs and wedges with a Taylor Made putter. Having a great time with them at the moment. I also looked around a few pro profiles to have a peek at what clubs they were using which also helped me out a little :o)
  • Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:59 AM
    ok trevor thnx, what exchange rate did you get on the price of clubs? 1 dollar = 100 credits, 1 pound = ?
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:50 AM

Killjoy1:
    ok trevor thnx, what exchange rate did you get on the price of clubs? 1 dollar = 100 credits, 1 pound = ? 

You will get whatever the exchange rate is with PayPal or your credit card at the time of purchase.  It WAS about 1.48 but it could change quite quickly

As to your clubs I would definately go with clubs with the same swing speed.  I personally use the R9's and Tour Burners with Satin wedges which are all the same but IMO the same swing speed is very important.  I also have the Daytona putter as I prefer the 15 - 30 - 60 - 90 etc than the Redwoods' 15 - 30 - 45 - 90.

Hope that helps

Mick

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 11:14 AM

Hi Anyone, i am a pro hoping to get master soon. would you buy pro clubs (ping v2 pros)or wait and get all master clubs.Thanksjgolfer1

• Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:34 PM
    thnx mick will go take alook at them thnx, R9s are they woods? . I was looking at rapture v2 pro set what do you think about those?
  • trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:06 PM

As Micklen says I think the exchange rate was around $1.48 to 1GBP

I have the Rapture V2 Pro set and the Ping wedges, the wedges have different swing speeds to the Rapture set but speaking for myself I dont really find that an issue. I went for the TM putter which is really quite nice also.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:48 AM

Killjoy1:
    thnx mick will go take alook at them thnx, R9s are they woods? . I was looking at rapture v2 pro set what do you think about those?

I know I shouldn't look at things like this but from way back when I played IRL, before my body gave up on me ;-)  I just couldn't get along with Ping clubs.  I did try them, but not for me and it's stuck, hence the TM's.  Yes the R9's are the woods and the longest you can get at the moment, I actually didn't get them for that as 5 yards really is not normally here or there.  I still have my Tour Master Pro irons as they are a good club but I will change to the Tour Preferred at some point as I have found that in places that extra 10 yards could be very important, but I am not sure about losing that bit of height the Tour Burners give me.  I am also still using the GI-S balls but when I run out I will try the GI-SD's see if they help at all

Mick

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:50 AM

jgolfer1:
    Hi Anyone, i am a pro hoping to get master soon. would you buy pro clubs (ping v2 pros)or wait and get all master clubs.Thanksjgolfer1

I personally bought pro clubs as I was struggling with the standard ones BUT it did mean I got through Pro to Masters mebbe a shade too quickly :-(  Be warned, be in no rush to get to Masters

Mick

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:28 AM

I have only been playing on here a few days but have already realised that the driver I have isn't long enough as I am struggling to reach some of the long par 4's in 2 but I have tried to upgrade but it tells me I havent reached the right levels yet anyone help with this maybe suggest  decent driver foe a amatuer.

Thanks andy

• PAGES
RSS