Forums

Help › Forums

Sprayed Shots hit perfectly

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 7 2009 7:19 PM (6 replies)
  • ChrisCravotta
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2009 5:02 PM

I think a fundamental problem that must be addressed is the trajectory and direction of shots hit perfectly.  It's rather irritating when you have a good round going and a perfectly struck shot winds up 10 yards away from where you were aiming, either to the left or to the right.  Something absolutely must be done to correct this.  I have not posted many rounds yet, as I have been practicing and honing my skills.  to be 3 or 4 under and have a penalty because a perfectly struck shot was sprayed is ridiculous.  Please fix!!!!

• tomab
    518 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 6:07 AM

Generally I agree, but we also have the opposite. A bad hit turns out to be a perfect shot sometimes.

I have never seen any complains about that. It happens to me from time to time, so I guess it happens to everybody.

We tend to complain about what seems unfair, but we are quiet about what goes our way.

On a real golf course you experience the same. You think you hit a perfect shot, but when you find your ball it isn’t perfect at all.

Of course there are obvious errors in the game now. It is a beta version.

The wind is sometimes interpreted wrong. The distance varies I am told by +/- a yardage. It should be relative to the distance you try to hit. We can find many similar examples, but there is a new release right around the corner now.

Let’s see what future brings.

Tom.

• TeamAmerica
    5 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 6:49 PM

Unfortunately, it's way worse now with the new clubs.  Slight mishits spray everywhere and some perfect shots also spray worse than ever.  On the par 3 5th, I just hit a "perfect" shot that I aimed at the flag with a 1 mph wind right to left, and the ball went 14 yard right (?!- the opposite direction from the wind) on the right half of the green.  Some serious problems with the new irons. 

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 8:49 PM

WGT is it me or is there something amiss?

Nearly every shot since the new clubs introduction in relation to wind direction is backwards?

Many shots seem to go the opposite.  For example, I just had a left to right 6 mph wind on #4, to test this potential bug I put the aim at the top left edge of the bunker, the ball went left of the entire green????  This occurs on many approach shots onto the greens.  The par 3's seem the worse.

Also, is the lack of roll on any approach onto the green the norm?

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:52 AM

I don't know if you did anything over night, but today some of these issues are much better.  Or maybe it was just me.

• tomab
    518 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:21 AM

I just had the same shot as TeamAmerica on the first par 3. Wind 4mph from right. I aimed slightly to right, not more than 1 yds because I have seen that wind sometimes has no effect on this hole. Full backspin. Hit the ball slightly to the right of the "perfect" line, but so close that they together made one fat line.
    The ball went into the right bunker! - This is lottery, not a skill game!

Tom.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 7:19 PM

Caven - I think it just takes some getting used to.  The game physics are basically completely new as compared to the previous version.

RSS