Help › Forums

Changing your name on WGT

Sat, Feb 25 2023 6:29 AM (36 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 4:43 PM

WGTicon:

dopasoman:

Why would you not allow name changing? Just wondering...

Hi

Main reason is because players, as they play here make friends and create personality. We want this to be kept in mind when they play.  Also, it has to do with some impersonation issues + few other negative issues that I rather not get into.

-wgticon

If you can Delete the Mantis profile, who started in 2008 and hasn't played a game.... then drop my numbers (0014)... this will be great.

Everybody knows me as Mantis anyway....

Sorry, I have to keep reminding Wgt..... I know it can't be done.......lol

-Roger

• bigguspenis
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:22 AM

well,i tried changing mine as i used it for a laugh but ill have to stick with it lol

• JDixon2526
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2014 6:40 AM

I joined up via FB the system gave my name I want o change it but system don't allow silly  rule

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:53 PM

Name change should be allowed for 500 credit.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:11 AM

WGTicon:

dopasoman:

Why would you not allow name changing? Just wondering...

Hi

Main reason is because players, as they play here make friends and create personality.

We definitely roll in different circles.  Most of the randoms I play, personality is not evident.

Half of my matches are studying for mime school.

• JoeThePro8
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:59 AM

Is there a 3way to delete the account and start over?  I tried to create another account under my present email with a new name but it said the email account was already taken.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:57 AM

Can I create more than one player account?

Each player may have one account, and you can only create one player per email address. Playing in tournaments using more than one account is a serious offense and may result in being permanently banned from WGT.

• JoeThePro8
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 9:58 AM

what about deleting the account altogether and starting over with the same email so I can then change my name? that way there is only one account

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 4:39 PM

JoeThePro8:

what about deleting the account altogether and starting over with the same email so I can then change my name? that way there is only one account

No you would still be listed as a multi account and the account would be closed.

- WGTdbloshoe

• tomthroop
    249 Posts
    Wed, Mar 9 2016 6:59 PM

As in everything else, maybe the answer is money. WGT - charge 500 or 1,000 credits!

RSS