Forums

Help › Forums

Changing your name on WGT

Sat, Feb 25 2023 6:29 AM (36 replies)
  • dopasoman
    122 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 11:41 AM

Is there anyway to change your name on WGT Golf without having to completely start a acct.? I've look everywhere but don't find any place to do this.

Thank you. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 2:04 PM

hi

we do not allow name changing. 

-wgticon

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 10:43 PM

WGTicon:

hi

-wgticon

But we do allow name calling LOL j/k

• dopasoman
    122 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 6:36 AM

Why would you not allow name changing? Just wondering...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 9:42 AM

dopasoman:

Why would you not allow name changing? Just wondering...

Hi

Main reason is because players, as they play here make friends and create personality. We want this to be kept in mind when they play.  Also, it has to do with some impersonation issues + few other negative issues that I rather not get into.

-wgticon

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 11:00 AM

WGTicon:

Like i cant blame him for asking.........LOL!

• dopasoman
    122 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 12:50 PM

You'd have to understand why I use this name several other places online. My wife owns a square dance apparel shop that is called DoPaso Corner. We have a website online to sell the clothing she makes as well as few other manufacturers items that pertain to square dancing.

But I would like to change it on here... just set up the account here with this name out of habit mostly. But evidently they have their reasons for not allowing people to change names on here.

Take care and maybe we'll meet on a course sometime for a game. 

• BoningToddsMom
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2012 5:58 PM

yeah its pretty ridiculous they wont let you change...I started playing this with my co workers (todd is one of my coworkers, hence my name haha). I did thinking i could change later like every other site/game I have ever signed up for....

It really doesnt make sense.... yes you make friends on here but who cares if you change it? just message them and tell them you changed it. 

• PhilStaley
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 4:11 PM

i appreciate you asking man. ive been playing for a while and recently wanted to change but name but was looking around my wgt account to find out how and couldnt find it. thats absolutely ridiculous that you cant change your name. f'n stupid

• golfman454ss
    146 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 5:55 PM

Yeh I agree I wanted to change 1 letter in my name it's golfman454ss and all I wanted to do is change the g from lower case to a capitol letter Golfman454ss and they said no......lol

RSS