Forums

Help › Forums

Changing your name on WGT

Sat, Feb 25 2023 6:29 AM (36 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 8:58 AM

BackHolePunter:
    That would fit perfectly with the limited or lack of appreciation I feel as a 12 year member of your golf community.

While I agree with name changes thoughts, Your profile says your a member since 2018, well short of 12 years- which means if you really are a 12 yr member then you have already restarted at least once...doing it again would solve your issue with the name.

• Bluwido
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 9:58 AM

whatever....lol good first word association Putter.  Just to add....all relationships are made up of the same.....they just fall into different categories.  Our relationship with wgt golf is no different than any other abusive relationship.  Give and take are just on opposing sides of the relationship.   We give, and give and give and give and give and give and give etc, and Wgt recognizing that no this approach will not and does not work in most personal relationships it does in fact work well in the type of relationship we all have with wgt golf...extremely well.  They are brilliant for applying this to their business practice as it relates to wgt golf.  That does not mean they cannot be judged ethically, morally, etc.......although judging is a tool most effectively used when applied by ourselves to ourselves.  I believe applying it to anyone outside of ourselves is more often pointless and unnecessary.  In a world wide society where the majority opinion sets the standards of  ethics based on collective morality as well as rules by judging outside of ourselves there is a reason the standards and rules derived are not concrete and a lot of times change.  Change so considerable sometimes that even law say 10 years ago has been completely reversed...a total 180 in opinionated standards and rules.  Wtf blah blah blah all I meant to say is this is an abusive relationship where wgt golfs intentions, morality etc....are solely based on pennies.  You have to have one worthless penny first before you can have 1,000,000,000.  I have enough problems with my real life abusive relationships making my time spent in this abusive ship always subject to termination......

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 12:39 PM

BackHolePunter:
    I intended for my name to be BACKHOLEPUTTER....

Hmmm... I don't know what kind of keyboard layout you have, but with mine, it's practically impossible to type an N for a T by mistake! LOL If it was purter or putyer, it'd make more sense but even that would be very very rare since you would've double tapped the T very rapidly.

Well, it looks like you've got a perfect solution from PG so none of this matters. 😉

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2023 1:44 AM

Nico mentioned something on this on Discord last night.

WGT Nico — Yesterday at 19:45

The reasoning we don't allow username changes while unfortunate does make sense on our end, because then we'd have to change signing in to use email instead of username. Making that change to every user sounds awful on our end just to allow name changes

RSS