Forums

Help › Forums

What should I get?!

Thu, Apr 1 2010 8:44 AM (9 replies)
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:12 PM

Ok, here is the situation:

I am depositing $20 and I currently don't know what I should buy. Can anyone tell me what would be a smart buy. I am still new to the game and want a little more distance and precision on my shots. I was thinking about buying the 10.5 Raptor V2, G10(steel), and Spider Putter. This would equal exactly 2000 credits, but are these the smartest choices?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:59 PM

There will be many whom feel the Spyder is like butter. Im not a deciple..

Fork the extra bucks for the Ping Redwood or for a bit more the TM Daytona.

You will never have to spend another dime on any other putter..Redwood has faster meter speed than the daytona. Edge Daytona: Redwood has more usable meters in the 15, 30, 45 and 90.

Daytona is 15 30 60, forgot what the next one is. Edge Redwood.

Tossup

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 1:55 AM
    The 3 different meter speeds would be a problem for me. I myself prefer the lower speed. The rapture clubs were my choice.
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:29 AM

Well being a bit of a spendthrift I spread my money about a bit to improve the whole game a bit rather than just 2 parts of it

Also I have always had a thing about Ping so I went Taylor Made

I got the Tour Burner Driver, 3w and the 18 rescue so the swing speeds were all the same

I also got a set of the WTG Tour Pro irons as they seemed the best value for the meagre fund I got

I didn't get a new putter yet as I loaned the supposedly slow meter speed WTG Gold starter and it made no difference so the putter and wedges will wait for my next influx of cash  ;-)

I can't see a great deal of improvement yet but that is mainly due to my c**p snap, the extra distance does make things a little easier though

Mick

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:59 AM

Daytona has 15 30 60 90 150 and 300 added for SA 

P.S.  I have one and its the best club I have bought so far.

J

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:45 AM

Good advice everyone. Who knew I would find $20 so hard to spend =P

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:10 PM

rehill,  did you send me a friend request a few days ago?  Someone with a name close to yours sent some sorta invite and I cleared it so fast I'm not sure.......but anyway.....

I would spend the $20 like this if your on your way to master. 

WGT Tour Driver ---300

G10 Steel Irons  ---700

Redwood Putter ---600

TM 64  Wedge    ---250

Sleeve of GI-SD ---118

Total  -------------- $19.68

That way about half of your $20 will be for goods your gona need in the master tier anyway.

Good luck and if that was you the other day, hit me up for a round.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 2:47 AM

Well I got a bit of cash and splashed out on the Daytona

So smooth.  So forgiving.  Brilliant and I only played one round with it

Never tried the Redwood so I can't compare

But the Daytona is something else

Now just need to get a nice couple of wedges to fill the gap up to the PW and then when I am rich a better set of irons

Oh yes there was one other thing.  Now what was it?????

Ah yes

LEARN HOW TO HIT THE SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

P.S.  Splashed out on the wedges 

Would have been nice to get the Z Satin TP Masters but I am in NO rush to get to Masters

Let me master Pro first, so I got the Satin TP Pro 58 and 64 and they seem fine

Right now to get to work and try and find some sort of game

P.P.S.

One thing to remember.  The Daytona and the Redwood have 15 feet as their first marker and it can be tricky for a bit and as you are so used to having 30 feet as your shortest marker you can easily leave a short putt short if you don't really think about it

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 8:26 AM

micklen:

Well I got a bit of cash and splashed out on the Daytona

So smooth.  So forgiving.  Brilliant and I only played one round with it

Never tried the Redwood so I can't compare

But the Daytona is something else

Now just need to get a nice couple of wedges to fill the gap up to the PW and then when I am rich a better set of irons

Oh yes there was one other thing.  Now what was it?????

Ah yes

LEARN HOW TO HIT THE SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

P.S.  Splashed out on the wedges 

Would have been nice to get the Z Satin TP Masters but I am in NO rush to get to Masters

Let me master Pro first, so I got the Satin TP Pro 58 and 64 and they seem fine

Right now to get to work and try and find some sort of game

P.P.S.

One thing to remember.  The Daytona and the Redwood have 15 feet as their first marker and it can be tricky for a bit and as you are so used to having 30 feet as your shortest marker you can easily leave a short putt short if you don't really think about it

Hm, you're not the first person to tell me the Daytona is great, maybe I should consider buying it. My plan is, wait until I achieve master (which should be awhile), then splurge for the best equipment.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 8:44 AM

rehill-You can have any of the putters now. Considering putting is almost 1/2 the game don't wait. I prefer the Redwood because it has a 45 ft scale where the Daytona has a 60. The meter is a little faster. They both have the same specs, otherwise.

RSS