Forums

Help › Forums

rude players

Mon, Feb 26 2024 6:54 AM (37 replies)
  • mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 2:41 PM

hello to all on wgt..

i have played wgt for nearly a year now and myself have made new freinds and met some great people...

but....

every now and then there is always 1 especially on alternate shot mode.

why be rude to others even if you or your partner isnt playing well?

like today for instance..

this player kept hittin the full shot off the green which for me personally i dont care as his partner kept leaving him monster putts.

its none of my buisness what players do, but i give alittle bit of banter saying  "run green keepers coming".  just having a laugh i find at times is the best part of multiplayer..

he was a good player but to tell some to f..k off then quit the game well i dont am i in the wrong ???

• washndry1
    121 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 3:26 PM

hey fellow great player thanks for being human, some loose track of the best of our qualitys yes my spelling stinks but u get the drift ;] people like you make the game what it is! Dont let the fractional 'populess' take you down to the levl its there goal lol . or there just lil retentive at the time ;] rt. people itz not a perfect world thats what makes us human. Players who have fun and care about others are the backbone of the community real and virtual so use youre wit and try to bring them up to see others do give a hoot! i have had good exp with this method make them laugh show humility, lol youre bad shots and be pos and strong youre attatude is superior in a great way. hope to play ya sumtime we will try not  take out  any squirls ;] oh ya as far as hitting shot non putter on green vfunny yes lil disrespect to those more serious but ya itz a game to MOST lol although i do plan on winning sum bank 1day so i can retire in comfort ;] LOL   thnx again for givin a shirt! wd1

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 4:22 PM

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've yet to find anyone who is rude or insulting. Maybe if I start actually beating them...

• ChipNSink
    427 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 11:55 AM

saltiresfan:

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've yet to find anyone who is rude or insulting. Maybe if I start actually beating them...

Know exactly how you feel about that. ;) Maybe - just maybe someone will be rude to me if I beat them.

But yes - rude people on this game, or any online game for that matter) is something quite common. Sadly though ... it is "safe" to be somewhat anonymous sitting behind your monitor and whacking virtual golf balls to hell and back. Anyone who feels the slightest belittled by someone elses remarks in chat, is "safe" to insult, ridicule and log of without reprecussions.

I dont condone that behaviour at all.

But ... and this is a big but ... since players are based all around the world, people dont always make the best of sense when the only way of communicating is through a chat. Somehow ... the remarks we make in a chat, often reads different from the same remark when it is spoken. Smileys and all that are great tools to soften up any "harsh" comments. But people also use those differently.

For that reason ... what might seem like a funny remark can be conceived as an insult for others. This is not an excuse for rude behaviour or language though. Just something to think about, when people acts rude. Misunderstandings are some of the easiest things to accomplish when we can only "chat" with eachother.

I am like almost everyone else here ... I find it extremely rude when someone logs out of a game for shooting a horrific shot or whatever else reason they have ... but I also understand that I cant make everyone laugh about my (sometimes ... well ... most of the times ...) lame jokes about game play of myself as well as others.
    Thats why I have given in and mostly play with friends nowadays. At least most of them knows me and my stupid remarks.

And hey ... theres always the Block option. Ensuring you wont go up against rude people again.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 1:04 PM

I think there ought to be an FAQ for chat abbreviations! De-constructing the discourse isn't always straight-forward.

You start a game and the first thing anyone says is "hi gl". If you're lucky you move onto "nd" after your tee shot and like new-speak there is always the option of increasing the comparator with the addition of a "v". ;)

I'm still kind of in the dark about "nb" is. I suspect "nice birdie" but at one point I thought it meant "nice break".

At one point I introduced "vul" and my opponent posted "wtf".

Oh well, "gg, ttyl."

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 1:19 AM

There are indeed waaaay too many of those goofers around. Personally, I get upset with them but will still try to finish the game. If they get verbal abusive without any reason, to me or to any other player, they are ALWAYS reported to WGT with a screencap added to it. No mercy there.

Have fun with next game!!

VOY

• Richard1201
    822 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 7:02 AM

Hello Wgt Players.

This is an amazing game with people that are extremely helpful and polite.

The few out there, i guess you will get anywhere.

Having played since February, I now get kicked off Blitz games and am not sure why...is it my deo or are people waiting for friends, would be nice to know though.

The only real incident I had, wwas being called a racist name by a player, basedon the fact that i am from South Africa, that upset me and I told the guys why I was abandoning the game..

Otherwise all good ( except my putting and the constant missing of the ding)

So really, enjoy. Great game with great people.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 11:31 AM

If he were chained to a tree, and no one knew you two were there and no one could hear, or see anything, and you had a tool box, blow torch, an ant bed 2 trees away, and a key to unlock him, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 1:24 PM

TurkishTerror:

If he were chained to a tree, and no one knew you two were there and no one could hear, or see anything, and you had a tool box, blow torch, an ant bed 2 trees away, and a key to unlock him, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

Inmy world of experience I would have to have more information than you have provided to make a rational decision, and feel comfortable acting upon what ever decision I have made.  You started it, but its my nickle.

RSS