Forums

Help › Forums

any tips?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:58 AM (3 replies)
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:50 PM

Ok, so I want to get some new clubs... but I don't know the best way to get them. Should I play in free tourneys until I win enough credits, deposit money, or what? How do you guys get off the ground when it comes to credits? Getting the Raptor driver would improve my game by TONS! Thanks for the help.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:41 AM

Everyone has their own expectations but here lies the paradox.  A player needs to be competitive to win enough credits to purchase better equipment.  But without better equipment, it is difficult to be competitive. 

As for me, I got better equipment to get started and upgraded since then.  But putting it in perspective, it was less than I paid for my last few rounds of real golf and I spend a lot more time here (smile).

Joey    

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:03 AM

Free tournys are very competitive and don't pay very much unless your at the top of the leaderboard.  RG's aren't an option unless you average about 3 under par.  Otherwise you'll pay more in entry fees than you'll win.  

So you're really left with a few options,

• deposit cash
    • complete free offers that are eligible in your region
    • win credits through match play challenges if you're eligible 
    • refer others to join WGT and get rewarded when they spend

or perhaps a combination of the 4 might work best.  ;)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:58 AM

Hey rehill.  I have a different perspective and goals than most here.  I live in a non skill-gaming state, so I can't do RG's, Tourny's or Match-Play challenges for credits.  I play the game by myself, (which is sad) but I have an immense amount of fun.  Buying equipment is part of that fun for me.  I upgraded everything as a Pro and again when I turned Master.  The better performing clubs make the game far more enjoyable for me and to date I have spent about 100.00 dollars.  I don't mind this at all as I find most good entertainment or hobby to cost money.  If you think about it, the cost to upgrade is really pretty cheap, and I don't mind helping WGT provide us all with a great product.

RSS