Forums

Help › Forums

beginners question

Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:10 AM (5 replies)
  • Br7anx
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:37 AM

Hi,

I've just joined but i seem only to  be able to play closest to the hole shots. Do I need to graduate onto playing full holes or am I doing something wrong?

thanks.

B.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:43 AM

Welcome to the addiction, Br. What you are playing are CTTHs -Closest To The Hole competitions where you have one shot on each hole.

However, when your game browser opens you have several choices. You can play in the stroke tournaments, the pay to enter Ready Gos or way to the left on the menu you can play practice and ranked stroke rounds.

Look under the Single Player Game menu tab, pick one of the 3 stroke courses available (you'll know when you see the stroke option after selecting the course) and set up your own conditions or play a ranked round where the conditions are set according to your tier. Your average will be affected by playing and recording ranked stroke rounds.

You can also host your own game under Multiplayer Game or join one. GL

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:09 AM

Nuts and bolts...

1. Click PLAY NOW  (Over there <-----)
    2. Under SINGLE PLAYER GAME, click SELECT COURSE.
    3. Stroke Play is available under BETHPAGE BLACK, KIAWAH ISLAND or ST. ANDREWS, choose one.
    4. Click STROKE PLAY
    5. Choose RANKED or PRACTICE
    6. Choose distance - Full 18, Front 9, or Back 9  (Front 9 only on St. Andrews).
    7. Click TEE OFF

If you still have problems, email your question to members@worldgolftour.com.

Have a nice day.                         

• Br7anx
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:41 AM

Thanks a million guys, seems I was selecting the wrong course. problem solved. Appreciate the quick and helpful replies.

B.

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:03 PM
    Welcome to the game. It would be nice if the courses were divided into groups so this mistake doesn't happen but since courses are used for both it happens. Enjoy the game.
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:10 AM

Welcome to  the WGT game site

RSS