Help › Forums

Re: Inconsistent Greens

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 8:27 PM

No disrespect intended but as long as your not "target dragging" .. and all your doing is trying to work putts left / right of the meter ... you will never putt well enough for your expectations.    You can only get so far that way.  I tried it when I started .. it just doesn't work well enough on anything over about 4 feet.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:05 PM

jayjonbeach:
    Now what I do wonder however, and I don't think I seen confirmed anywhere, is the WIND playing a part in putting? 

Would like some confirmation of this too Jay.  Playing the 9 hole unlimited tonight I had the same exact putt from the same yardage 3 times.  I use the Redwood.  Each putt was dinged and reacted differently.  I haven't noticed it as much on other courses but it really does seem to play a part at STA in 25-30 mph winds.  Might be my imagination but would love WGT to sound off on this question.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 9:44 PM

I've thought the same thing. The wind DOES seem to be having some affect on putts @ St. Andrews ... as it should IMO (I really liked when WGT  added that in for a month or so last year). 

• PAGES
RSS