Re: Fairway Wood Dilemma

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 9 2010 6:36 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:32 PM

OaktheToke:
    um.....definately not.  LOL Jim.  U crazy.

Um, uh, you only have 1 fwy club yourself.  When I am not carrying 4 wedges, I use a HB that covers anything a 3W can and that only happens in high winds. The rare eagle isn't worth losing the coverage benefit I get from the extra wedge. 

St. Andrews is not a good course to base buying clubs on.

• Bev0
    6 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 5:36 PM
    Well I went with the G10 and it made my game even worse, I suppose I could buy some balls to slow down the meter but I only have that one club with a fast meter. Gotta say that as a casual WGT player my enjoyment has gone down after hitting master, doesn't seem to be any point playing the weekly tournaments anymore as I'm now posting scores similar to when I 1st started. :(
  • DaisyMoon
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 1:00 AM

Bev0:
    Well I went with the G10 and it made my game even worse

It has probably happened to everyone who turned master and upgraded to master clubs. It does take time to get used to the faster meter speed of these clubs. Sure the GI and GI2 balls slow it down, which can help.  It took me a couple of weeks to  get my score any where near my pro scoring, but do find now I  get more consistent good scores.

Stick with it, if you made it this far, you are doing well : )

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 6:36 AM

lumpner, only pro event you can play in as a master is the 2nd round of a multiround tourney where you were pro for round 1, and yes you would drop any master tier clubs to continue that tournament.  But after that any tourney you enter it would be as a pro.

I turned master few weeks back but still keep my rapture 3 wood for 2 reason 1) the master g10 3 wood is only rated 5 yards further and 2) when I am having an off meter day its nice to have 1 club in my bag that I know I can ding 90% of the time.  That plays into my strategy with certain holes where driver is not always best option, i.e. master tourney from white tees driver is not always best, and ever hit the 3 wood off the tee, mild winds you get between 240 to 250 yards easily.

• PAGES
RSS