Help › Forums

Re: Monitor - Bigger = easier?

Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:55 PM (39 replies)
  • JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:57 PM

Andyson sez....

"I preferred to keep it simple for him."

And this old man thanks you for that. I did try it both your way and Fatersons', and man, both ways messed me up! LOL! I went back to the regular screen....hard to teach an old dog new tricks, I guess...at least this old dog.  Ruff!   :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:19 PM

JoelWhite:

Andyson sez....

"I preferred to keep it simple for him."

And this old man thanks you for that. ...

You're welcome, us old guys need to stick together.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:20 AM

andyson:
    F11 does nothing (and I really don't care for keyboard shortcuts so I'm OK with that.) on my computer so I guess I've never seen what you call full-screen, unless its on a you-tube video.

Surprise yourself,andy. Right click on the game tab in your toolbar. Select restore and then hit the F11 key. Or,  as soon as your game browser opens hit the F11 key-your entire screen will be the game. Works great in Chrome because the "Exit Full Screen" tab is auto-hidden at the top of the screen.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 8:27 AM

no surprise YJ, F11 still did nothing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:30 AM

Bummerooski-Before I was able to use the full screen I used to right click on the toolbars and make them auto hide, or just close them, which is pretty much all full screen does anyway.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 3:54 PM

Andyson, no matter how "simple" your answer was, it did not answer the original question. A maximized window is not full-screen. Short version on how to play in full-screen:

• Then go to your browser's View menu and select Full-Screen.
      It's as simple as that!

If anything is not clear, just ask. (For example, if you can't find the Full-screen menu item in your own browser. If you let us know which browser you're using, we'll help you locate the Full-Screen menu item in it.)

• AzTexan
    15 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:18 PM
    Hit F11, that should do it for you...
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:27 PM

If your using firefox all you have to do is double-click the upper part of the game  window.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:41 PM

AzTexan:
    Hit F11, that should do it for you...

No, it doesn't, as we mentioned on the previous page. The F11 key only works sometimes.

salamii:
    If your using firefox all you have to do is double-click the upper part of the game  window.

That's not full-screen, but only maximizing the window, as has been explained to Andyson. A maximized window is a rather hideous thing compared to true full-screen where you see nothing except the content of the game window (there are no window frames, no Windows task-bar, etc.).

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:55 PM

Thanks Sal, I do use firefox, but double clicking gets us to what Faterson call a maximized window.  Which I personally find OK.

Last nite I did find the view menu full screen command, all it bought me was removal of the 1/4" blue window header. I played 'full screen all day too.   1/4" of blue is not worth the trouble it causes me accessing my Excel notes.  Maximized window works better for me.

Still hoping the bigger meter makes it easier for me to ding it.  Jury is still deliberating on that.

edit* just saw your post faterson.  Max window is not hideous IMO and it allows my task bar auto-hide to work allowing me to switch to Excel.  My task bar is gone in the stinkin' full screen it does not auto hide.

RSS