rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:45 AM (4 replies)
  • silvano68
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:02 AM

did i make a mistake by purchasing these new cubs and balls

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:51 AM

No, you just can't use them for that particular tournament (the one you signed up for as, and are still registered as an amateur).  Any new tourney that you enter from now on, you will be registered as a pro or higher and you should be able to use the clubs you just bought.  This is so there is no unfair advantage for you over the other amateurs in the tournament.

• silvano68
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:01 AM
    How do I change how I am signed up ? Thanks
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:30 AM

Everyone starts the same when they sign up, they start as a Hack and progress through the tiers to Amateur, then Pro, and finally Master, based on how well they play.  You were just promoted to Pro because your average dropped below a certain mark.  This enabled you to buy 'exclusive' pro+ rated equipment.  Using this equipment in a tournament that you registered in while you were still an amateur would be an unfair advantage because you still play under 'amateur' conditions for the remainder of that event.   You'll just have to wait for the next month or week when that same type of tournament is offered.  Or play the current one with your old clubs.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:45 AM

One thing to add. Do not forget that balls have tier rating as well.

Happy hitting 

RSS