Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Realistic expectation to "earn" credits and earnings?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:32 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:18 PM

I played a few Read To Go's and the most I got was $2.50.

I put up $1.00 and got back $2.50 with a tied for third place finish.I forget how many was tied for third,3 or 4 I think.

I really only gained $1.50 because $1.00 was what I put up to enter the tourney.

It's worth the trouble but you got to shoot good and you only have one chance to do it.I did terrible in the first few I entered because I would hit a bad shot or miss a 4 to 6 footer for birdie and think ,Oh No the tourneys over.Once you get over the nerves it's a lot of fun.Don't ever quit a round.I learned that the hard way.

If you really looking for something close to real golf just don't quit in the middle of a round.I doubt you advanced your real life golf game by quitting because you hit a bad shot.If that was the case Golf itself wouldn't even exist.Everybody would of been like...That games to hard, I quit.lol Learn to play through the trouble and you will learn how to recover and you will probably hit some of the most stunning shots you have ever seen in the process.Don't forget to save the Replay!!!!

Larry

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:29 PM

hey Larry i agree, but in due respect in reality you can play more than one ball,you can practice putting,hit the driving range and theres no hidden beast to attack when playing well.

thx chippy

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:54 PM

Your right but you can only do one or the other here or in the world.If you tee it up in a ranked ,scored, match-play or tourney,in reality of either place we should finish the round no matter how it's going.

On the other hand when in practice mode, either here or in the world there is no commitment to practice.Unless your Tiger Woods,a work horse and perfectionist.In practice you decide when it's time to quit or reach down and pull off a shot when your hands are cramping,I guess on here it would be forefinger fatigue,lol...but you see what I'm saying...

I understand this is a game but it does take on a real life goal system and I won't be able to reach either one if I just up and quit.I don't have that many ranked rounds because I been practicing a lot more than I been playing.I wouldn't have that many but every time I get invited to a game it is ALWAYS for a ranked or scored or Matchplay.I don't play just for fun and I don't play for first,yet.I keep one thing in mind when I pick up the mouse or hit this keyboard...The World is Watching,I hate to embarrass myself.lol

Larry

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:47 PM

Earnings are not credits and cannot be cashed out.

Earnings are the combined value of everything you've won in this game.

Some of the tournaments offer actual prizes, not credits.   The value of the prize is added to your earnings.  Credits received from moving up in tiers is reflected in a player's earnings.

Though for most players, earnings will be the amount of credits the player has accumulated (through credits won in tournys and moving up in tiers).

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:50 PM
    The ready Go tourneys are the best. Before ready go I had about $4.53 now I'm up to $123.09 in less than a month. The best thing about ready go is you don't have to compete versus the elite guys for every tournament. Sometimes the scores that are not that great still gets you a portion of your entrance fee back. My goal is to get top 10. I've played over 75 ready go tourneys and so far I've only be shut out of some kind of payout twice. This is great because now I don't have to buys balls or clubs because I currently have excess credits in my account. Ready go was indeed a great addition to the site.
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:16 PM

r u saying ive embarased myself WGT should be the ones with red faces my freind

csc

]

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:19 PM

GITrDONE:
    ..The World is Watching,I hate to embarrass myself.lol

your kidding arnt you guess i miss judged you oh well not the first time

chip

• DadoM3
    4 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:46 AM

How can this be done?  Where can i convert money earned into credits to purchase items?  Ive looked everywhere and cant seen to find it?  Does it do it automatically   please someone help.  I know that you can not convert it back to cash back to your credit card im fine with that, but how can i convert virtual money into virtual credits huh ?

Thanks 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:32 PM

DadoM3:

How can this be done?  Where can i convert money earned into credits to purchase items?  Ive looked everywhere and cant seen to find it?  Does it do it automatically   please someone help.  I know that you can not convert it back to cash back to your credit card im fine with that, but how can i convert virtual money into virtual credits huh ?

Thanks 

Not sure  guess you never caught the gist of the answers on this.

Credits can be won or purchased.  Earnings are what you win in tournaments, which are essentially credits. 

If you have credits, you click on the button at the top called PRO SHOP and you can shop at your leisure for whatever you want.

Just in case anyone new is reading this, I consider myself a pretty decent golfer on the real links and here and to answer my own question from 2 months ago, yeah credits are very hard to win in general, I have won a total of 50 in 3 months of steady play.

• PAGES
RSS