Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Level 105 with a 62 AVG in Rookie Qualifying??

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 13 2023 5:21 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 10:53 AM

jacktrade51:
    And I have run into plenty of TM, L, and TL players who specialize in coin games

This is nonesense!  You still need to play golf, and every hole is part of the 18-hole course, with the same pins.

jacktrade51:
    Torrey #3, I know how to play it from 194 yds, -38 feet.  Change it to 183 yds, -49 ft, different hole.

It's still just maths regardless of distance and elevation.  If you're not used to the distance you can always set up the course in your CC with the shorter tees for practice  And by the way, it's NOT 38ft downhill from the back tees, it's 68ft downhill (that is a known error by WGT which they are never going to fix).  If you are calculating the actual distance by using 38ft of elevation then you are doing something seriously wrong if you are still hitting the green!

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:39 AM

I may be missing something here but when it comes to showdowns, it is all about your score and not who you are playing against.  You qualify based on your overall score so why does it matter which level you are playing?  I am a Legend and play the rookie level so I don't have to spend additional coins playing in the higher levels tiers.   That said, I do wonder if once individuals qualify, are they then all lumped together in the elimination round?  I would assume that everyone comes together somewhere in the elimination round or final round.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:48 AM

This is a point I have brought up several times and highlights the need for a better "handicap" system.  I am a Legend and often play against lower tier players (Master, Tour Pro, etc.) but they are at levels well over 100 which means they can purchase the best equipment and still play from the shorter tees.  I believe this is part of the issue driving some to create new/alternate profiles.  I will admit that if the coins or money meant much to me, I would create and alternate profile, work my way to Pro and stay there so I could eventually get the best equipment and play from shorter tees.  Again, WGT needs a better handicap system.

• WilliamRNewmanJr
    4,031 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2023 7:09 PM

I have to agree with you Squatch031 on a Better Handicap System!

As it is now, as a Legend, I have been playing against Hack's through Tour Pro's that are really up on LEVELS and using Gears that was designed for Legends and above.

As it is, them Pitch and Putt players are absolutely destroying the Game as it was intended to be played!

But over all that and this I am going to mention is the REAL ISSUES:

Game has way too many BUGS!

Game has lots of DEAD WEIGHT Players not been playing for over 3 years, that needs to be park in a Permanant Hall of Fame or Retirement Home in the back of WGT somewhere offline. 

Game has too many GLITCHES!

Game has CON-ARTIST Players in Coin Rooms [They know how to make the game pay them and you lose the Coins]!!!

I could go on and on and on... But everyone before me has spoken the TRUTH on this and many other issues!

WGT needs to get off its rear-end and get this game FIX ASAP!

Kind Regards:

Billy

• Stoof69
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 1:37 AM

I agree. The main problem with showdowns IMO is that if you play early and someone matches your score, they go above you. IMO all players tied on the same score should get the same prize. As it stands, the last person to get that score goes highest, and the first goes lowest. 

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 5:21 AM

Stoof69:

I agree. The main problem with showdowns IMO is that if you play early and someone matches your score, they go above you. IMO all players tied on the same score should get the same prize. As it stands, the last person to get that score goes highest, and the first goes lowest. 

Actually it's just the opposite, the first to post goes ahead of anyone else (provided they are tied in all other tiebreaker categories).  

How are Showdown ties handled?

If two players are tied in a Showdown, leaderboard placement is determined by:

1. Number of Showdown holes completed
    2. Score of final Showdown game
    3. Score of second-to-last Showdown game
    4. Score of third-to-last Showdown game
    5. Number of Double Eagles scored in Showdown
    6. Number of Eagles scored in Showdown
    7. Number of Birdies scored in Showdown
    8. First to complete Showdown round
  • PAGES
RSS