Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A Putting Tip - or Not

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:53 AM (2 replies)
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:16 PM

I wanted to show some of you that may not realize it, how tricky putting can be on WGT. On this particular putt, it would appear from the front view that i need to either aim straight or maybe just a tad right to sink the putt. However, when you look at the reverse view, you can see that it now appears I need to aim a few inches to my left instead. I decided to hit this putt straight and not aim at all. I dinged the line and guess what? The ball went well right of the hole. The forward view of this putt was not true. Although I don't have a remedy to this problem, I guess the moral here is: Check both views.

Link to the video.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:42 PM

GolfDum:
    Check both views.

And if you leave the screen view in reverse you can watch the whole putt without the camera changing views while the putt is on the way to the hole.You can then watch the whole roll of the putt.This helped me with lining up the same putt at a later time.I kind of know how it reacts to the green as opposed to the two different camera angles on the longer putts.I just got used to switching it back to the front view but theres no reason you have to.

• bjohn13
    8 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:53 AM
    To be fair, this exact scenario happens to me all the time on actual courses. I look at the putt from behind the ball, and it looks like it's going to break right. Then I look at it from behind the hole, and it looks like it's going to break the other way. In fact, I'll go on record as saying that the reason why I hate putting in this game so much is because it is too dang realistic.
RSS