Help › Forums

Re: Lowering my score on WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 31 2023 12:26 PM (3 replies)
  • Elvalesco
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 8:34 AM

Hi Everyone ! 

I'm (desperatly) trying to lower my average score. I'm stucked at 66,6 (legend level). 

I created a few tourney in my CC to do so, some only on 9 holes. I'm wondering, how is the average score counted on 9 holes ranked rounds ? For example if I shoot -9 on my 9 ranked holes (par 72 course), would the final score be 63 ? 54 (I guess that option would be to good to be true, but you never know on this game LOL)? Or something else ? 

In addition to that, do the head-to-head rounds count toward our average score ? 

Many thanks in advance for your help and best, 

Elvalesco

• Wolin1991
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 11:47 AM

9 hole round - mostly par 36, 

You score - 9 and it gives 27. Then Your score is multiply by 2. Yes it's 54 🙂

• BlackBogey
    292 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 11:59 AM

They basically double your 9 hole score, so if you shot -9 on a par 36 9 that would be 27 and would then be doubled to 54 to go towards your avg.  Coin room, Best of 3/5, and non-ranked rounds count towards your XP but scores don't count toward avg. or saturation. (I think I have all that right)

Normal wisdom is to not rush to next tier by playing a bunch of "red tee" tournaments, but instead let it come naturally as you learn your way through.  However this advice is generally aimed at lesser tiers, because they will end up getting moved back to longer tees, higher winds, and faster greens before they are actually skilled enough, and possibly aren't a high enough level to acquire the necessary equipment needed to handle all that.  In your case as a Legend there is really nothing to "move up to" other than 13 vs 12 greens, so I'm curious why you are in a hurry to tier up by lowering your avg? 

You already have most of the best equipment available at your level other than L97 irons, (but you do have L90 which I have and are fantastic if you can handle the meter speed) and possibly 3wd.  Also, have you tried dropping the hybrid for a 64* 60 or 50yd wedge and not liked it for some reason?  Just curious?  Both your L88 hybrid and L90 3 iron go 225yds, and there are a lot of gaps that 64* could fill at the scoring end of the bag, especially when punches are added in.

• Zzyzx01
    1,253 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 12:26 PM

If I recall, it takes 500 ranked rounds to saturate as a Legend whereby scores greater than your current average will not affect your overall average.  For example, if you post a 34 (with your current average of 66.6) your average will increase albeit a very tiny amount.  But if you have saturated, then a 34 will have no affect.  Also ranked rounds do not include Par 3s, Par 5s, Best of Bandon, and Custom Courses.

Hope this helps.  Good luck in your march toward Tour Legend.... it's a grind.

...henry

RSS