Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Apparel Bonus

Mon, Apr 24 2023 9:40 AM (29 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 4:45 PM

SamSpayed:
    I look at it this way.  There are two ways you can get to the top of Pikes Peak.  You can drive your car to the top or you can hike to the top.  I have much more respect for those who hike.

It's a beautiful metaphor, Scott. I totally agree.

SamSpayed:
    Having said that, I don't think Paul was trolling here.  He was just expressing his thoughts.

He admitted himself "I knew you wouldn't like it" and posted it anyway.

How many times have you clenched your teeth and decided not to post your comments or "thoughts" because you knew it would upset someone? I bet every time you come to the forums. Well, at least, that's the case for me, especially whenever I see his total nonsense BS he excretes time after time, post after post. A normal person who's not a troll would have this control. This guy definitely doesn't.

There are actually two who are constantly running after me like hyenas, bite on every single word I write and deliberately post something to get my goat.

Scott, when there's considerably less participation in the forums compared to the past, there must be reasons why and this is one of them, perhaps the biggest. I admire your noble intention of trying to defend even a guy like him (and your patience of course) but if this isn't trolling, then I don't know what is, Scott.

tramilleo:
    It is a long slow road  when i was closing in on TC a 29 wouldnt change my average at all and a 28  only changed it by 0.01%  slow road but doable without red tees

Yup, most of us laboured (or hiked as Scott described) and earned it in a hard way like you, bro. 👍👍

HamdenPro:
    Sorry I'm late, here ya' go Simon:

Thank you, Steff. 😂

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 7:57 PM

pdb1:
    . I won't force myself or you to endure this

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 2:04 AM

Seems to me like Simon has over time developed a slight Kathleen Turner syndrome towards Paul...

On the bright side, you didn't even need to get married... 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 6:10 AM

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 5:18 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    "normal" CC tourneys other than red-tee ones

This months "Live Series May Open" is being played with the Gold Tees. Would it make a diff to the top players of this game. Nope, but still not the Black tees. Cheers

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 4:20 PM

callaghan159:
    This months "Live Series May Open" is being played with the Gold Tees. Would it make a diff to the top players of this game. Nope, but still not the Black tees. Cheers

Haven't noticed it since I hardly ever play it, Brian. Nevertheless, the thread got barely buried, you definitely don't wanna dig it out and resurrect the zombie. LOL Cheers.

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 7:55 PM

On the original post, I believe I know the rules pretty well, so I hope I can clear some of this up.

All ranked rounds count towards average except custom courses, par 3 courses and  BOP5.  I am not sure about BOP4 or BO Famous and Hard.  Country club tournaments count if within above parameters..  But, not to repeat myself, country club custom courses do not count.

Apparel bonus makes no difference.  So short tees and apparel bonus counts.  Hope that helps.

Tom.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2023 8:36 PM

jacktrade51:
    I am not sure about BOP4 or BO Famous and Hard.

They don't count, either.

And thanks for bringing the topic back on track, Jack.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 9:40 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

jacktrade51:
    I am not sure about BOP4 or BO Famous and Hard.

They don't count, either.

And thanks for bringing the topic back on track, Jack.

Just seen this... Not sure if this had changed during time, but BOP4, BOF and BOH absolutely did count towards one's avg and saturation... 

RSS