Help › Forums

Re: My avg score

Thu, Aug 25 2022 12:25 PM (27 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 8:27 AM

alosso:

PureGro1:
    He needs scores lower than 69...I mistakenly said he needed scores below 69. Glad this got cleared up...lol

It's not that. I just took your statement too narrowly - my fault.

Of course, 69 scores don't bring him anywhere (except for a few irrelevant decimals lower in average).

Its all good bud, I just saw it as - OP asks what color is this? I said brown and then two people show up not to answer the OPs question but to tell me that its actually more chestnut or chocolate color...but definitely not brown...lol

DodgyPutter:

---------------Some picture thing to make me look clever------------------

-------------------------and demean someone else----------------------

The pic was "Twilight Zone" it was meant to imply that was where I felt like we were- when chocolate and chestnut are Definitely NOT BROWN...lol

Your giving me too much credit if you truly think I post anything trying to make myself look clever. I honestly dont care how It looks- I am feeding my own humor at best...

and if you believe the 2nd part is true- your misreading me or you've put me in a box for your perception of me. I really am an out of the box kinda guy, I cant control if someone is offended or takes something the wrong way...BUT I do know that I do not bother posting to demean anyone and if I did- I would post a LOT more.. :) 

There are posters here in the forums that I dont care much for, mostly because they post only to look clever or demean someone...I avoid their threads or ones they post in to avoid antagonistic BS.

I will even apologize if you took that as my trying to look clever or to demean you or anyone else in this thread.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 9:57 AM

alosso:

H, P, may I show you the iconic German Sesame Street intro song?
    (with translations)

[View:https://www.youtu

Rather harsh.

EDIT: LOL, My bad...after further interpretation (with help from the Official Guide to Sesame Street Lessons), it appears that his reply was not harsh at all, rather, quite cute. That's the one problem with these threads, ease of misunderstanding.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 11:00 AM

^^^^^ In regards (and it's from the forum self-professed cop) ^^^^

404 error...page not found

I can't wait until that day arrives...put a Help Guide on the app....PLEASE!!!!

And in regards to the above, this is just how I feel.  To me the forum could be locked forever.  Most apps have an intuitive "Help Guide" where people go to for answers.  It's not an open Q&A.  Only the Community Tourney section requires an active and open thread...the rest can be informational only in a WGT Help Guide.  The same questions keep getting asked and the answers are already in here somewhere.

Again, these are just my thoughts and feelings.  But I know I'll get bashed for it.

As to the majority of comments in this post...here is how I feel about that...

Perpetuating the bullsh!t.  I guess by pointing it out I'm equally as guilty.  But think of how many threads have been locked by WGT.  Why not lock the entire thing and have it merely become an intuitive Help Guide?  It would definitely cease the perpetuation.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 12:03 PM

Deleted a sarcastic reply to above post.

Going to take Paul's advice and not respond.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 3:00 PM

The pic was "Twilight Zone" it was meant to imply that was where I felt like we were- when chocolate and chestnut are Definitely NOT BROWN...lol 

At least you thought it was funny, apparently.  I was very surprised that someone who has been in the forum enough to have over 1,200 posts wouldn't know it's the score, not +/- par,  that counts for average.  When I first came to this thread I though contradicting what you had said was important for the op.

PureGro1:
    Your giving me too much credit

I didn't mean just this time with that but I don't think I care anymore.  Well done  you really drag me down with your inability to be wrong. 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 3:58 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I was very surprised that someone who has been in the forum enough to have over 1,200 posts wouldn't know it's the score, not +/- par

The part you keep rambling on about being wrong- I think you obviously saw that it was a cut and paste from GOLF DICITONARY, I did not tell him that is how the game calculates anything- just using it to make a point of what he needed to do to make substantial changes to his average FFS...

DodgyPutter:
    I didn't mean just this time with that but I don't think I care anymore.  Well done  you really drag me down with your inability to be wrong.

I believe I am easy enough to ignore, I can certainly do the same.

pmm711:
    Perpetuating the bullsh!t.  I guess by pointing it out I'm equally as guilty.  But think of how many threads have been locked by WGT.  Why not lock the entire thing and have it merely become an intuitive Help Guide?  It would definitely cease the perpetuation.

Yet we are both along with many others here reading...we could just wake up and pretend its 404'ed but like a train wreck we dont. lol

An Ignore button is what is needed IMO.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 4:24 PM

PureGro1:

pmm711:

Yet we are both along with many others here reading...we could just wake up and pretend its 404'ed but like a train wreck we dont. lol

An Ignore button is what is needed IMO.

10 Million "Certified" WGT players...

~147.5 "Active" WGT Forum readers/posters (I think we all know who the ".5" represents...

do the math...

That's 0.00001475 of the total WGT player pool 

I think it's safe to say we really don't matter, eh? 🤣

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2022 12:25 PM

PureGro1:
    Its all good bud
    I agree, all good!

Please excuse me not to reply to the lengthy text following. /methinks that you read too much into my reply.

Again, all good!

The pancake pic is hilarious!

RSS