Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Refund Policy Suggestion

Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:11 PM (29 replies)
  • Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:13 AM

alex, can you please point to specific posts that are in violation, so we know what is and is not acceptable?

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:19 AM

Also Alex,

In trying to stay on the constructive side of this thread:

This on-the-fly modification of the publicly stated 'no refunds' portion of the policy, is part of what is causing this debate. Whether you realize it or not, you have legally voided that portion of your terms by not following those terms. I'm not saying you are wrong for doing that, it is just not the right approach to go against those terms, without a policy in place. If you are open about going against your own terms, you will experience exactly what you are experiencing here, others wanting to be considered based on your willingness to go against your own terms.

Again, it isn't wrong to refund when applicable, it just needs to be defined and published which scenarios will allow a user to qualify for a refund. I do not agree with the no refund policy, and obviously WGT does not either, or you would not have made exceptions. No refunds means no refunds. What you are doing, is saying that game glitches in tourneys will be enough reasoning for a refund, but game glitches in match play will not.

• BigCaddy
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:31 AM

If it won't break the "WGT" bank please give VGolf his money back.This is bad business putting this out in the street like this.He has called you out "WGT".....WHAT UP!!!

I just started and am thinking about putting up some money or shall I say investing in the site(that sounds better don't it)...I really like the site.I have played every other golf game on the web or anywhere else for that matter and this is the best site,free or otherwise,that I have I found.I hate to hear that buying better equipment wont help my game.I was looking forward to buying this stuff and then making birdie every hole.Sounds like Vgolf is saying this ain't gonna happen.That purchasing new stuff will only incite the need for a refund.

Oh well,I'll take my chances and get some new junk when I think it is appropriate but right now on the AM level and I ain't having nothing but fun.I guess it's good to know that there are no refunds upfront cause I'm part of the 95% that don't read the rules,I mean really who is gonna read all that junk.I just scroll until I run across a dollar sign or something.If I don't see one of those I click I accept.

BigCaddy

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:38 AM

BigCaddy,

Your results with upgraded equipment may be different then mine, or anyone else's. WGT has a thread for suggestion on game performance improvement, and for many users those corrections have improved their results.

In my situation, they did not. This is the scenario that has led to this discussion, but this scenario is specific to me. I understand your hesitation, but please don't think that my situation will necessarily apply to you.

The refund scenario is one to be considered, and I hope that WGT allows this discussion to continue, as I feel that it is a situation that needs to be addressed and refined.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:49 AM

Alex,

The 'report abuse' option is not working, I am getting a 'Resource Not Found' error when attempting to use it.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:50 AM

Thanks, we plan to fix this in an upcoming release. For now you can email us at members@worldgolftour.com.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:55 AM

BigCaddy,

Also, the majority of my issues are with the swing meter performance, and not with the equipment upgrade, just FYI. I did mistakingly think that the swing meter skip was programmed in to the software, and that a club and ball upgrade would correct this. It was only after upgrading that I realized that this was not the case, and the swing meter performance was, and still is, a major issue. The improved accuracy ratings of the upgraded equipment led me to believe that it would correct this, and I thought it was purposely programmed this way, but did not experience this after purchasing.

Again, you may or may not experience the same behavior, as my situation certainly does not apply to everyone else. The extra length with the upgraded driver was very beneficial, when I was able to hit it squarely, but the other clubs and balls did not help me one bit.

YMMV

• AdamSandlers
    9 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:07 PM

Folks,

I honestly have to say it's a chore to find this much naivety in one place.

First, BigCaddy, don't "invest" in this site. If you're like others here that have more money than brains, please donate to a charity. It will go to a much better use.  Furthermore, the biggest entertainment is in the forums. Faterson, tibbets, et al have been staring at the steam and flies coming off from this game for the last 2 years. It's part of the scenery for them. Guess what? The steam and flies are still there and will not go away. The elders have just learned to willfully ignore it. Keep in mind, all major bugs have been removed. This is as good as it gets. It will only get worse. This is not an opinion, it's a technical fact.

Secondly, this site will never come out of Beta. It removes liability to remain in Beta. Have they announced or even hinted toward a potential release date, month, or year? Hmmm...strange. They have announced they're moving the flags on BethPage and adding new courses. What about the more important issue...when's it coming out of beta?  Rhetorical question folks.

Tertiery, their refund policy is designed to frustrate you into thinking you don't have other options when, in fact, you should take your most reasonable option first. Contact your bank, credit card company, or Paypal and report a fraudulent transaction. They took your money without liability and gave you pretty graphics a.k.a. a sugar pill. You didn't buy pretty graphics. You didn't check a box when you signed up agreeing to pay for pretty pictures, and when you clicked "Purchase", WGT agreed to provide you with a working product. Did they live up to their end of the agreement? If not, this is the definition of a scam. Ask WGT once for a refund and no more, then take the next logical step. Don't beat a dead horse.

Save your money for entertainment that works as intended and is free of false promises.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:00 PM

I have 2 questions to ask

To WGT: Why did you delete my post that went along the lines of 'Sigh. One of my best posts ignored by the community'? Personally, I don't see how it is against the T&C (it was a bit off-topic, but was meant as a joke).

And it seems it wasn't the only post deleted today. I've seen many posts deleted today (some of which should of been), but without warning and some without reason. Can you at least tell us when you have deleted a post and why? (This question was the double post).

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:11 PM

EllisSpice,

I am confused also as to exactly what posts are being removed, and why. I asked earlier about the posts from another user, and if that user could be prevented from ruining the dialog on this thread. That post is now gone too, even though it was not a violation of any term of service. I'm guessing this situation is caused by the the same underlying issue that creates the refund issue; free unchecked power on the part of the moderators to do as they please, whether it falls under their terms of service or not.

You would think that SOMEONE at WGT would look at this, and realize that if WGT is having to be this careful and dance around this topic, that there is an issue which needs to be addressed. Are they deleting 'off-topic' posts on other threads, or just on the 'hot-button' ones?

RSS