Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New WGT

Sun, Jan 31 2021 2:06 AM (30 replies)
  • Geotre
    1,397 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 2:06 AM

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask or suggest changes to the new WGT launcher, so if this is in the wrong place / forum - my apologies.

I saw in the previous posts that players have issues with not being able to select certain shots [ flop / pitch / ect ] - I must say I never had this problem, my biggest problem, initially, was the putting, but since a friend of mine suggested I change the PUTTING GRID in SETTINGS to CLASSIC, I have managed to come to terms with the putting. I have one suggestion to make the putting even better - when you are putting -  the rectangle displaying the distance and elevation can be removed when you press "V" - you are then left with a line only, BUT you CANNOT move this line when you want to adjust for the gradient. Make it so, we can move the line. The rectangle is transparent, but not enough. It will make putting so much easier.

RECONNECTION TIME TO SHORT: 

Playing ALT.SHOT games we find that if someone has a connection issue and they need to restart their PC, that person only have 35 seconds to reconnect otherwise his team loses the game. We have lost numerous passes and games this way. Make the reconnection time at least 90 seconds or what it used to be on the old version - it was never an issue then.

TO FEW ANGLES [ CAMERA VIEWS ]:

1. When playing - especially around the green I need more angles - often there is not even a reverse view available, which makes play very difficult. 

After playing a shot the only view I sometimes have of the shot is the back of my avatar - I then have no idea whether I allowed too much or too little for the wind and or gradient - cannot improve one's game this way.

When teeing off there are occasions where one cannot adjust for the wind in normal view, because your avatar is in the way - even if set on transparent - I think the transparent only applies to putting.

2. When spectating - the following suggestions.

In games with friends it would be great to get back the ability to have all the camera views for the players watching the one playing.

In games where you play with friends it would also be nice to also have the elevation displayed where the distance and wind direction get shown.

Another thing that will be a great help - again in games with friends - is if all involved in the game can see the gradient when one is putting.

These things in my opinion will make the game way more enjoyable AND it will also make it easier to teach a beginner the game.

THE NOTEBOOK:

Yes I know, very few players have it, but for those that have spent the credits, the following points: 

A notebook is something one carries with you EVERYWHERE and it is something you make notes in ALL the time. Presently the notebook is a fiasco.....not always available - cannot make notes in it at times - stays open for limited time, so you have to keep reopening it when taking a good look - should be as wide as the previous one, because old notes in disarray now. Make it available all the time - every note ever made on a specific hole should be available - whether it is stroke play - CTTH - match play - alternate shot....ect...ect, you get my drift.

Kind regards WGT - you are getting loads of criticism at the moment, but I am convinced you will succeed in making WGT golf a great experience to play again.

George.

RSS