Forums

Help › Forums

New WGT

Sun, Jan 31 2021 2:06 AM (30 replies)
  • mbmdvm
    15 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 8:51 PM

As a player or 10+ years, I find many aspects of the new game lacking what flash WGT could do.

1.Friends you have to click on the tab and go thru it to see who is online, are the available or playing a game, who knows. Too many names just show me who is online or playing out of all of them.

2.Invite a friend to play? Only 3 hole or 9 hole: don't get a choice of courses or play 18 or match play or skins. How about if you want to play for coins say 100 per hole.  When a match has ended  in the "play now" no opportunity to play again'

3. Don't like the chat window taking up the whole screen, why not the little window where you can see the chatter

4. Tried to find if anyone is doing alternate shot, skins, match play or stoke play. Never found a game, this was one of the best parts of old wgt

5.Make a game a week for our CC, with set of the week.  Wasn't able to find any ot the custom designed course from our CC library.  How do  you set up a new custom course.

6. What is with the apparel packs, I thought I has a pretty nice avatar and had paid for some nice apparel on flash and what do I look like now?

7.The play now option could use some more option ie 100, 1000, 10000, 100000 for one hole 3 hole 9 hole and maybe 18 hole matches.  No full course matches (at least for playing for peanuts)

8. Enough complaints what do I like:

1&3 hole matches; again nice to invite friend and when you play against a friend maybe play for some coin and change the timer and play again

daily bonus; feels like you are playing for something but doesnt cost anything -hardly

I'm sure will find more when flash goes down

• Dink420
    6 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 9:37 AM

Do all our stats, credits, equipment already bought and consecutive days played streak follow us in this change over?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:32 PM

Dink420:
    Do all our stats, credits, equipment already bought and consecutive days played streak follow us in this change over?

Looks like that, but some other things must be left behind, like Flash avatars and saved replays.

Haven't looked at the awards though...

• WGTweb
    27 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 12:46 AM

mbmdvm:
    5. How do  you set up a new custom course.

You can still manage your country club on the website, including tournaments and custom courses.

mbmdvm:
    6. what do I look like now?

On the app's main screen, click your profile photo in the upper-right corner. In the lower-left and -right corners, click Edit Avatar (appearance) or Edit Apparel (clothes).  Most of the old Flash avatars will be converted to apparel next year, and you'll get it for free if you own the old avatar.

mbmdvm:
    7.No full course matches

Most of the things from Flash, including full-course stroke play, are under the unfortunately-gray GAME MODES button.  The PLAY NOW button is a holdover from when the mobile app didn't have many game modes, so coin games were the focus.

• AZWizard1
    17 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 5:25 AM

How do I down load the new version ..? Please ..?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:26 AM

AZWizard1:

How do I down load the new version ..? Please ..?

Look below your post, all the way down in the black you will see DOWNLOAD THE APP

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:55 AM

Don't waste your time. The new version is unplayable

• sario66
    140 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:06 AM

The PCEA version -now the standard version to attempt to play this game on the pc- is broken.

To me it's still Early Access, as it's nowhere near being a finished product. It's junk...

When I was playing in the Turf Wars on the mobile version for desktop I could not use a punch, pitch or flop shot. That's nothing short of ridiculous, and it's a big reason why I can't win many turf war matchups playing on the PCEA version

This is a recurring problem. Sometimes you can change shots and sometimes you can't. Make it consistent, or scrap the PCEA altogether. It's not fair to have someone playing on an iPhone11 have the ability to change shots when I can't playing on the pc.

The WGT devs had MONTHS to perfect the game for the flash withdrawal and conversion, and they've failed miserably.

• JMH1
    285 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:06 AM

You are going to lose a lot of us long-time players (11 years for me) if you don't fix the 
    friends function SOON!

It is almost impossible to set up a game when any friend who is online has a green dot whether that person is playing or not. I just finished a match during which I received two invites that I had to decline.

I had high hopes that this problem would disappear when there were no longer two platforms, but I guess not.

This has to be your highest-priority fix!!!!  

• DannyGann
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:37 AM

From My Profile, When I click on the green Play Now Icon I get the same result, no game, Sign up for all platforms  apps page which I've downloaded "play on windows" a half a dozen times with no results. 

RSS