Help › Forums

Re: iOS 14 Ad ID gone

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 9 2020 2:58 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 3:44 AM

This problem has started for me this morning using android devices. I got 150 but had to restart devices multiple times.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 7:52 PM

Mythanatos:

Robert1893:
    To tell you the truth (and I'm being serious here), I was hoping you would find a workaround and post it. 

yesterday

I tried every combination of closing out game.  And rebooting phone I could think of.  Nothing worked. 

Tonight I managed to watch all 150 without aUnavailable hangup. probably luck

I watched 2 and couldn’t get more then I turned off personalized ads and immediately started getting videos again. I didn’t have to do anything else. I was still getting them when I shut down for bedtime for work tonight. When I woke up I checked and I am still getting them, 
    When you turn off personalized ads it says that it limits Apple’s ability to send you relevant ads but will not reduce the number of ads that you see.  So personalized ads actually might limit the number of ads that you see.

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:50 AM

Same with my iPad, ever since they limited you to 150 I get 30 credits and have to close app and re launch.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 11:43 AM

Hi , tonight , I turned off the tracking , and I turned off personalised adds , and was able to get 6 videos , before the message that there were no more. Then I closed out the app , came straight back on and could get another 6 . So for me this is back to how it was before ios14.  Also after every video I got a black screen with white box , saying can unity cookies collect and use data , I didn’t answer , just clicked on the golf screen behind the black box. 

Thanks for the help ,  Turalyon and Borntobesting. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2020 9:53 AM

blackridgenik:

Same with my iPad, ever since they limited you to 150 I get 30 credits and have to close app and re launch.

That’s as good as it gets ! A lot better than having to chance to luck at trying over the whole 24 hour period , for me in France that is all I have been able to do , prior to ios14 , so I am just pleased to be able to continue .

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 1:51 AM

Worked good for me this morning. Only had to reset Ad ID a couple of times which is way better than every 3 or 4 videos.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 6:13 AM

callaghan159:

Worked good for me this morning. Only had to reset Ad ID a couple of times which is way better than every 3 or 4 videos.

Callaghan, do you have ios14 , because on my iPad , now with ios14 , there is no reset ad choice. ? This was why I used previous advice of tracking and preferences removal. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 8:26 AM

back when i had initially tried various things i also tried turning off ad tracking. to me that didn't make a difference.

last few nights I've been able to watch them all. but i have to restart the app more often.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 9:32 AM

bossbird:

callaghan159:

Callaghan, do you have ios14 , because on my iPad , now with ios14 , there is no reset ad choice. ? This was why I used previous advice of tracking and preferences removal. 

Earlier in the thread I think he said he was on Android.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 2:58 PM

I use 2 android devices and my Apple Ipod. Any issues I have had the last week have been with my Android devices.

• PAGES
RSS