Forums

Help › Forums

Re: quit to win?!?

Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:59 AM (5 replies)
  • mmonsess
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:15 PM

Whats up with the new setup in match play.  Twice today i was leading by a stroke or two and my opponent quit on the last hole. I normally just finish alone.  I am used to guys quitting, but on these two occasions after I finished the opponent was declared the winner.  Most everyone could win a match or two if they played one less hole than the others.  I sure hope the good folks at WGT.com can fix some of these problems soon because I love this site and just wish it was scored fairly.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 3:37 PM

mm, I noticed this too, happened after the last update.

Hey WGT ... What if the match was a 'challenge' & they're were credits to win/lose?

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:02 PM

I know when I've had people quit on me in match play I have to go back and wait for them to reconnect.  If I opt out before the 4 minutes or whatever then essentially it counts me as forfeiting.  Crappy if you ask me to sit there and twiddle my thumbs waiting on the timer because I know they are not showing up.

• markf911
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:51 PM
    Like any bussiess they will not do anything until everyone stops playing!! Simple, don't play until they have a system that works. Like in backgammon sites. You quite your out for a month, end of story.
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:41 PM

The same thing happens in multiplayer stroke play.  Player quit after 5 holes and was declared the winner.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:59 AM

We're aware of this problem, and it will be resoved soon.

Thanks for the reports and for your patience.

RSS