Help › Forums

Re: HOW DISABLE GIFTING OF BALLS

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 18 2020 8:27 PM (5 replies)
  • Bulb
    81 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:05 AM

Hello All

Does anyone know how to disable the gifting of balls after a round on WGT PC APP version? Ive searched the settings and cant seem to find the option.

I accidently clicked the wrong box and im now down 550 credits for gifting 3 balls to a player.

Cheers

Bulb

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:10 AM

Think we have all been there. When this discussion has come up in the past the answer has been "No" and best advise is to be careful where you click at the end of matches.

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:24 AM

If there is no confirm or cancel button to click on after you have clicked the gift button, then I think you have a right to apply for a refund of your credits or make a formal complaint to WGT.

Not giving you the option to back out of a transaction over the internet may even be against the law.

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:10 PM

The BEST part is that the button to gift a sleeve of balls pops up in almost the exact same spot that you would normally click on “Continue” to advance the screen out of your match. 
    I can only assume this was done on purpose by WGT as they have not changed it despite what I can only guess would be complaints about its location. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:46 PM

MarchieB:

The BEST part is that the button to gift a sleeve of balls pops up in almost the exact same spot that you would normally click on “Continue” to advance the screen out of your match. 
    I can only assume this was done on purpose by WGT as they have not changed it despite what I can only guess would be complaints about its location. 

Think of all the times players hit the wrong button and buy someone 1,000 credit balls.

I have done it myself. Live and learn

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 8:27 PM

ScottHope:

If there is no confirm or cancel button to click on after you have clicked the gift button, then I think you have a right to apply for a refund of your credits or make a formal complaint to WGT.

Not giving you the option to back out of a transaction over the internet may even be against the law.

Agreed and if not against the law, it is distinctly underhanded and smacks of a company who has scant regard for their customers.

That said, WGT are generally good at refunding when asked, however, I think they rely on the majority not complaining and profiting from it. Other examples are those silly CC Passes. 

IMO it was designed in this way for that reason and if WGT had a moral compass, they would have confirmation steps before any purchase or gifting.

RSS